Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post
Update 1.1.0 is live, and we're throwing a little competition with it: King Oddball Diamond Compo
Doubt I finished first for the contest, but I emailed my completed Hall of Diamonds screenshot anyway...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (221.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 AM

That's.. just.. crazy. We set the expiry date for the competition to July 2013 for a reason

We really, REALLY, didn't expect anyone to do it this fast! That's an incredible feat, congratulations!

We'll still do our due diligence in scrubbing the image for any signs of foul play, although we think this seems perfectly legit. We'll be in touch by email, Snooptalian.

I think that was it, folks.

Oh, and to get a sense of what Snooptalian has just done, play the Hall of Diamonds for an hour. See how many diamonds you got, and then imagine playing for all the diamonds. And you probably didn't get to the hard ones yet.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post

That's.. just.. crazy. We set the expiry date for the competition to July 2013 for a reason

We really, REALLY, didn't expect anyone to do it this fast! That's an incredible feat, congratulations!

We'll still do our due diligence in scrubbing the image for any signs of foul play, although we think this seems perfectly legit. We'll be in touch by email, Snooptalian.

I think that was it, folks.

Oh, and to get a sense of what Snooptalian has just done, play the Hall of Diamonds for an hour. See how many diamonds you got, and then imagine playing for all the diamonds. And you probably didn't get to the hard ones yet.
That's awesome. Never really thought I'd have a chance to actually finish first. Actually there were moments I didn't think I was gonna finish some of these levels at all, but I would kinda get on a roll and just started knocking 'em out till I finished it.

Awesome game, and a very cool contest. You can't beat winning a real diamond for collecting virtual diamonds in a game.

Only side effect is now I got the in game music soundly stuck in my head. LOL

Thanks for the contest and of course the prize 10Tons...
Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM

Everyone can check out the whole thing here http://labs.10tons.com/2012/12/18/ki...d-competition/

We still can't believe this went like it did. Funny stuff, though!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I want to try this game, is there a free or lite version
Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM

Nope, unfortunately we haven't had the time to make a free version for iOS. The Android version is free though.

However, we might put King Oddball on a Christmas discount. We haven't decided our sale games yet. A free iOS version is entirely probable in early 2013.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 AM

A quick update: King Oddball is now indeed in a bit of a Holiday Sale. It'll make a perfect, unexpected and odd Christmas present to a friend, by the way! Use the iTunes Gift this app feature

For those really digging King Oddball, there's a pretty lenghty interview about 10tons and the game here. (I hope it's not too uncool to link people away from TA, but this totally feels like a PSA to me)
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

A great read. Thanks for the link. I've gifted King Oddball just now. An excellent idea
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I finally finished the game, but I never did find the upper-right most mustache. I looked for it on the last level of every world, but nothing! I asked the King, but all he ever says is that he doesn't understand me. (Maybe he doesn't like girls. So, any tips on obtaining the last mustache, or asking questions that the King will actually understand and respond to with something besides "Hmmm... I don't understand that."?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:33 AM

The reason The King isn't responding to you must be that you haven't had internet connection on while using the Odd Phone. The King currently has a vocabulary of about 1100 words, so you should have hit a keyword by pure luck. All the Odd Phone functionality is on a server though, so internet connection is required.

As for the last 'stash, I can't remember the location just now out the top of my head. Someone please help her out

Also, a hot tip: Something fun and temporary is about to happen regarding King Oddball's pricing.