App description: Contra is back!

Contra: Evolution is the first official Contra game for iOS, bringing all of the run-and-gun action of the 1988 original with 21st century graphics and controls to the palm of your hands.

Bill Mad Dog Rizer and Lance Scorpion Bean are back to business fighting aliens in the jungles of South America--but can you survive one of the hardest games ever? Collect power-ups, unlock new levels and characters, and take on challenges in this arcade blast from the past. With updated HD graphics and future iOS 7 compatibility, get ready for a whole new Contra experience!

killercow's comments:
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Looks like it plays pretty decently.
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Well just send mail to konami, will contra be out world wide. hope they will answer :/

02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
my ipad is jailbroken so i was able to get the chinese version to install (i will purchase the american version when its finally released).

I also have the blutrol app so was able to get this working with icade, its pretty fun, i sill prefer the oldschool nes version, but its still cool to see the game updated with nicer graphics etc..
02-03-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm seriously having nervous shakes waiting for this to come to North America. Anybody (PLEEEEASE!!!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!) have any info when (or if) it's coming?

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
I'm seriously having nervous shakes waiting for this to come to North America. Anybody (PLEEEEASE!!!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!) have any info when (or if) it's coming?
Same here
In any case, jailbreak comes out in couple of days so then we will play it xD but ofcorse if it comes out in us app store, its insant buy

Last edited by KoRoV; 02-03-2013 at 05:10 PM.
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I just got answer to my mail from Konami, this is what they said:
"We do not have any information at this moments, however Please know that regardless of what the content, your feedback regarding the release of Contra for IOS is welcomed and that we try and forward all the feedback received to the development teams who make the decisions regarding content, features, or otherwise."
02-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Been a couple of weeks now and this isn't doing ME any good here! C'mon, man! Make it happen, Cap'n!!!!
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Beat the game in one credit or pay iap diamonds for continues that's pretty lame.
02-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I really can't imagine that this is very playable with touchscreen controls, but I would love to be proven wrong.
02-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Any chance to know a worldwide release date?

This is the first time that i'm seeing a Chinese exclusive release from a Major
company like Konami, is the game developed by a Chinese department?