Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 AM
rpgmind rpgmind is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 207
Default

Dunno if this has been noticed yet, but at the bottom right of the world map is I guess an endless-stage which requires keys (bought for jade or found in treasure search) to open. I'm only assuming its endless as I only made it to the 2nd stage. Oh, and each stage has a boss! Good luck with that, y'all!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,173
Default

Damn, I really love this game. It's not getting boring cause you get so much to do. All the archievements, playing around with different chars and combos, the bonus stages (which bring a welcome change) and the really challenging bossfights and side missions. There's even guardian / pet summoning, like in the FF series. Each comes with an intro animation and then starts wreaking havoc, cool.
Don't mind shelling out a few bucks for IAP, but there's grinding involved later and the IAP stuff is really a bit too much. If not for the IAP, this could be my GotW... no, GotM.

I still can't believe that this was made by just one person.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
Dunno if this has been noticed yet, but at the bottom right of the world map is I guess an endless-stage which requires keys (bought for jade or found in treasure search) to open. I'm only assuming its endless as I only made it to the 2nd stage. Oh, and each stage has a boss! Good luck with that, y'all!

I wouldn't go in there if you're under level 15-20. Save your keys until then.
But the dungeon is a nice opportunity to earn stuff and loot boss guys.
Oh yeah, forgot the endless dungeon in my last post. Another cool thing.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-22-2013 at 05:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Amenbrother Amenbrother is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
this game is really good!! unfortunately always on DRM or the need of constant internet connection to play single player campaign disgust me..
Is it always on draining data plans or just when u connect?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Stayfitla Stayfitla is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 37
Default

This game is quite amazing and definitely had me hooked yesterday. If I were just made of money, I probably would spend money for IAP jade, but thankfully the game provides it well enough without seemingly overly harsh. Don't think I'll be beating the whole <4 hits challenges anytime soon, though.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,916
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

How do you earn Jade?im on the third boss, and I haven't earned any.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayfitla View Post
This game is quite amazing and definitely had me hooked yesterday. If I were just made of money, I probably would spend money for IAP jade, but thankfully the game provides it well enough without seemingly overly harsh. Don't think I'll be beating the whole <4 hits challenges anytime soon, though.

That's later in the game.
Try doing the first 2 challenges of every level but save the 3-hit-challenge for times when you're stronger. When you're able to beat the normal enemies with 2 hits, then do the challenge.
Don't build mobs in this challenge. Always circle around at the borders and finish only small groups of enemies. If you got a mob, defeat it with an animal attack. Diochan is very useful for this. Also try to get used to the pattern: attack-attack-attack-roll-roll. This means: do three slashes, then roll out of enemy vicinity and prepare for the next attack. This way you'll avoid the tiny pauses between two attack patterns.

Don't underestimate your Generals, btw.! 3-star-General Zhang He with the Double Dragon skill can make you beat the challenge easily.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-22-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
How do you earn Jade?im on the third boss, and I haven't earned any.

In battle mode, it drops rarely, but drops.
The most can be earned through archievements.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,916
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
In battle mode, it drops rarely, but drops.
The most can be earned through archievements.
K... Thanks.

Does it drop relatively frequent enough so that you'll be able to purchase one of the Jade only weapons in the last part of the game (do you think?... I know you're probably to there, but is it dropping enough so that you think you might be able to?) - or would I be better off using it to search for heroes, or something else?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
K... Thanks.

Does it drop relatively frequent enough so that you'll be able to purchase one of the Jade only weapons in the last part of the game (do you think?... I know you're probably to there, but is it dropping enough so that you think you might be able to?) - or would I be better off using it to search for heroes, or something else?
The first 7 jade should go into an animal, I suggest either Diochan or Zhang Jue, both work fine against larger mobs and bosses.
I just did a battle and got two jade, so earning them is easy.
The drop rate seems higher when you perform good Ex attacks or very large combos, btw.

Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent