Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Whoa how did I miss this? Looking great
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Whoa how did I miss this? Looking great
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw it first.
Gonna have to go on a promo rampage as, so far, it looks like its going to be one of the top standout titles of the year.
I just have a good buzz about it.
The max fps is a particular standout achievement. Combine that with the details of graphics and a very good early reaction about fun factor and gameplay.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

How'd I miss dis
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw it first.
Gonna have to go on a promo rampage as, so far, it looks like its going to be one of the top standout titles of the year.
I just have a good buzz about it.
The max fps is a particular standout achievement. Combine that with the details of graphics and a very good early reaction about fun factor and gameplay.
Max FPS is nice...esp looking at these screens+dynamic shadows. Not the mind blowing achievement that FM is/will be, but still definitely a selling point for me. For racers and shooters having a high framerate is just so important.

Also like the "tabletop" style for tracks, pretty darn creative if you ask me. Only thing I want is real physics. After NFS I just cannot play a racing game without a good physics engine.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nburcombe View Post
Hi all, Playrise has been hard at work on Table Top Racing. www.facebook.com/playrise Hope you like the new screen shots. These are direct grabs from the iPad Mini (jpeg'ed). The game runs silky smooth at 60 frames per second on everything from an iPad 1 upwards and iPhone 4 upwards. Come and follow us on facebook Thanks all and feedback always welcome. Video will come soon and you can see it in action. Can't post screenshots here at the moment, but will do once the webmaster gets back to me.
HOLY CRAP iPad 1 60 fps?!?!???!? That is indeed amazing.

Then load up on the effects for A5/A6 devices if the weakest A4 device runs this at 60fps.

Wow that's just crazy.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Max FPS is nice...esp looking at these screens+dynamic shadows. Not the mind blowing achievement that FM is/will be, but still definitely a selling point for me. For racers and shooters having a high framerate is just so important.

Also like the "tabletop" style for tracks, pretty darn creative if you ask me. Only thing I want is real physics. After NFS I just cannot play a racing game without a good physics engine.
Well, FM will still run at 60fps once on a device. That is the upper limit on any iOS device.

The range of devices that this game will hold at 60fps (what I meant by max) is particularly impressive coding and optimisation.

Physics don't know. But seeing the quality of everything else, I'm going to guess very good but more suited to arcade than NFSMW.
100% full size real physics may not be suited to a racing game that takes place on top of a table. Think more RC. More fun orientated probably. Realism won't really matter as long as its fun.

Last edited by Rip73; 01-22-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
whoa, so the graphics reach my expectation = insta buy. next week isnt it?
It's gone to apple for review and approval on the 21st, so shouldn't be too long. 2 weeks normally.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Well, FM will still run at 60fps once on a device. That is the upper limit on any iOS device.

The range of devices that this game will hold at 60fps (what I meant by max) is particularly impressive coding and optimisation.

Physics don't know. But seeing the quality of everything else, I'm going to guess very good but more suited to arcade than NFSMW.
100% full size real physics may not be suited to a racing game that takes place on top of a table. Think more RC. More fun orientated probably. Realism won't really matter as long as its fun.
All I desire in terms of physics is a sense of weight and speed I don't want to zoom around a corner at full speed or anything like that.

60fps on the iPad 1 is just unreal. That device is notoriously underpowered and very difficult to develop high end games for...still amazed.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Can't wait!

I'm not just a racing fan, I love any game that's good but this and real racing 3 are the ones that I can't wait for. Was hoping this might have appeared today but looks like I'll have to be more patient and wait a week or so!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Kind words from all of you there - we're very happy with the game and hoping to be releasing it very soon. Ill give you guys a firm date when we have one. In review now. In answer to the real-time shadows question - Of Course! We wouldn't do any of those blobs things. Physics = FUN but with a nice bit of weighting to it.

Follow us on Twitter @PlayriseDigital and on facebook www.tabletopracing.com

We've not had time to update the website www.playrisedigital.com, but hoping to soon.

Last edited by nburcombe; 01-23-2013 at 02:54 PM..