Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
Sigh sob.. here comes the rant..
I've had FCX downloaded since it came out, because I saw this thread in the forums. It's currently on one of about 5 full pages of new games that have come out in the past few weeks that I'm desperately trying to find time to check out.

I can't tell you how much reading your rants here and in the front page comments has soured me to even checking it out now. It puts us in a tough spot because even if I like FCX and want to write something about it, it makes it look like any developer can just whine enough until they get coverage. I really don't want to send that message.

I probably would have finally gotten around to it and some other games by the end of this week or over the weekend. Now I don't know what to do. I work 16+ hour days trying to keep my head afloat to all that happens on the App Store. It's an overwhelming place and TA is only 3 people.

It just really turns me off hearing so much resentment from a developer like this. We've reviewed and covered both Final Freeway games and the first Fractal Combat. Most developers would kill to have even one of their games covered let alone 3, and believe me if there were more hours in the day I would cover even more games. But reading comments like this just saps any motivation I have whatsoever to keep on going
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
I can't tell you how much reading your rants here and in the front page comments has soured me to even checking it out now. It puts us in a tough spot because even if I like FCX and want to write something about it, it makes it look like any developer can just whine enough until they get coverage. I really don't want to send that message.
First of all, thanks for replying, I really appreciate that.

I'm sorry for the rant. I can only imagine how it is to run a site like TA.. it's easy to say "talk about my game", but it's clearly easier said than done.

I realize that I sound like an unappreciative douche, and it's lame to blame others for one's own failures. At the same time I'm in a corner, because TA is the only big App Store games site that has a credible following. So, no TA, no joy.

Form my point of view it's really depressing to release a game, which (I dare to think) is above average (at least in terms of effort), and see it ignored by the press, and by reflection by Apple.

I understand that ranting like this isn't winning me any points. In fact I think that at this point putting FCX on the front page would seem forced, and it would set a bad precedent.
I wrote the rant when I pretty much gave up on seeing the game covered. So, for what it's worth, I'm cool and I agree with that.

It's for the best anyway. It's not wise to continue to release games and hope and pray that TA will cover it and do it in a timely fashion.
It's reckless to rely on something like that.. plus, it would be too easy, and one should never count on things to take the easy course.

But, if I can give one suggestion, it would really help if you guys could reply to emails in any way, even with a macro that says "we're on it" or "forget it".
That could go a long way in simplifying a developer's life. Maybe it's not doable, but it was worth suggesting it.

TA is still the best service out there not just for the users, but for the developers as well. These forums alone are invaluable.
TA was probably key in getting FF noticed when it first came out, and my gratitude for that isn't going away.

If I sound like an ass, it's because it sucks to live in hope.
The question in my mind every day is: can I pay the rent this month? Should I keep going or should I quit and get myself a real job?
I'm 40 and I'm broke. Do I want to become rich? Sure! But most of all, I like the idea to reach potentially millions of people with games that I make (cheesy but true 8P).. and I really don't want go back with the tail between my legs to work for some big boring game company and be just another skilled engineer that writes code that, quite frankly, doesn't make any real difference.
I hate the idea for myself, but I also hate to disappoint those that have covered my back during this adventure and that sometimes look up to me (rough deal ! 8P)

Anyhow, thanks for the great site. I just hope that you guys will get some real competition, if anything, so that frustrated developers like me can go rant somewhere else from time to time.

Best things !
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Well what matters is the fans opinions anyway so I say if you liked the first one you must get the second one. Graphics are great controls are spot on and its not a game to be missed
Thanks !

It's not a game that everyone will like, but I think that it can entertain quite a few people out there, if they get to know it

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just happy to read comment like yours, even if it's crtique

Last edited by TheCrib; 01-24-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM

Hi, any update on the update for this game? Hope the devs haven't given up on this game.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus1 View Post
Hi, any update on the update for this game? Hope the devs haven't given up on this game.
Not given up !
Although it's being ignored by practically all of the press, except for The App Shack and the Italian press (because I'm Italian.. what a coincidence ! 8P)

- So far, we got in some additional paint choices for the planes (it's always a plus).
- Next we're moving to add some sort of upgrades boost, to further maximize the power of each plane.
- Then we're adding new missions. Some worlds but with some variations..

The development is going slowly, because these days we have other, less fun, things to do, but we'll pick up the pace again.

Also, a little notice, we're switching to $0.99 starting from this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday).
No plan yet on bringing it back to "free", so, the best time to download it is now
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
Not given up !
Although it's being ignored by practically all of the press, except for The App Shack and the Italian press (because I'm Italian.. what a coincidence ! 8P)

- So far, we got in some additional paint choices for the planes (it's always a plus).
- Next we're moving to add some sort of upgrades boost, to further maximize the power of each plane.
- Then we're adding new missions. Some worlds but with some variations..

The development is going slowly, because these days we have other, less fun, things to do, but we'll pick up the pace again.

Also, a little notice, we're switching to $0.99 starting from this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday).
No plan yet on bringing it back to "free", so, the best time to download it is now
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the upgraded planes and new misisons. Keep up the great work!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus1 View Post
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the upgraded planes and new misisons. Keep up the great work!
Thanks ! d(-o^)
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

A little update... the paint jobs that will be available in the 1.1

Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

wow, those look GREAT!!! =oD

Can't wait for the update.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Kick ass seabass! Looking hawt. Love your work Dave!