★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Needs to have the crystal dot thing so its in front of your finger not underneath

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
01-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Looks fantastic, but this looks like it should benefit a lot from a dynamic vstick control similar to Fireball SE.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

01-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks fantastic, but this looks like it should benefit a lot from a dynamic vstick control similar to Fireball SE.
agreed...

I'm still dying to play it, but a vstick would be a great control addition.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
01-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Looks great, but the description doesn't mention an iPad version and it isn't universal either it seems...

It's the second game today I would have bought but won't since there's no iPad support.
Don't want to play in 2x mode, maybe two years ago it would have been acceptable to me, not today.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
01-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Playing it 2x - it's perfectly fine and even looks great! Until I forget and open GameCenter to the glorious eye-bleeding hugeness.
In fact, they could've quite easily had the 2x mode included as the Universal component. =/

Anyways, this gets extremely freaking tough. Made it past boss 3 (and #1 on the leaderboard... For now) and this next part is just... Just wow.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
01-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Insta, insta, insta - love the video!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
01-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the interest. It's great to hear people already excited about the game. I'm the lead iOS dev at Mutant Labs and thought I might answer some of your questions.

"Is it level based or more a endless type of game??"
It's level based. There's a few different enemies per level and a boss at the end of each one.

"Tilt or touch controls?"
You touch and hold on the diamond to steal it. Your finger becomes your player as you dodge, duck, dip, dive etc. your way through the baddies. Check out the trailer to get an idea of what I mean:

"…its free?"
Yup!

We're currently working on a native iPad version, I'm afraid for now it's gonna have to be the 2x zoom, sozcumber.

Hope you guys enjoy playing the game, looking forward to seeing some TA members on the leader boards

Cheers,

Andy (Mutant Labs)

Last edited by mutantandy; 01-23-2013 at 08:59 AM.
01-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantandy View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the interest. It's great to hear people already excited about the game. I'm the lead iOS dev at Mutant Labs and thought I might answer some of your questions.

"Is it level based or more a endless type of game??"
It's level based. There's a few different enemies per level and a boss at the end of each one.

"Tilt or touch controls?"
You touch and hold on the diamond to steal it. Your finger becomes your player as you dodge, duck, dip, dive etc. your way through the baddies. Check out the trailer to get an idea of what I mean:
YouTube: video

"…its free?"
Yup!

We're currently working on a native iPad version, I'm afraid for now it's gonna have to be the 2x zoom, sozcumber.

Hope you guys enjoy playing the game, looking forward to seeing some TA members on the leader boards

Cheers,

Andy (Mutant Labs)
Great to hear that you're working in an iPad version!
I'm going to get that when it's available, for sure.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
It's level based, but it's all about getting the highest score? So it's more of an endless game or am I missing something?

Game Center: sink_or_swim
01-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Good question. There are 7 levels (each with their own boss) in the game and a definite ending. The score is based on time played and bonuses received in game, similar to the scoring mechanic in Super Mario for the original NES/GameBoy.

There is also an elite leaderboard which you can join by completing the game without using any continues.

Last edited by mutantandy; 01-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.