★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Polarbit
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 201.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In a world ravaged by global warfare, small pockets of survivors scratch out a meagre existence, living off the remains of a shattered civilization. Society has been reduced to a tribal state, where rank and social standing is based on one thing and one thing only: death races!

Cracking Sands is an action-packed racer featuring a band of merry lunatics driving small vehicles fitted with big guns. Your trigger finger will be tested just as much as your straight racing skills. Like the saying goes: if you cant go around something (or someone), you go through them instead.

Mix and match pieces to create your own custom character and kart, then equip it with all the machine guns, missiles, mines and exotic implements of doom it can carry. Unlock new parts to tweak your character and kart even further.

Cracking Sands features multiple single player game modes as well as online multiplayer, allowing you to square off against both the vicious AI and other racers from all over the world!

Sanuku's comments:

01-23-2013, 05:04 AM
This is exactly what this platform needs. I pray this turns out well because if this is anything like a twisted metal then it's going to be AWESOME. Can't wait to hear some impressions.

01-23-2013, 05:05 AM
From the screens I don't see a virtual stick. I hope this is not tilt.
01-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbridge View Post
From the screens I don't see a virtual stick. I hope this is not tilt.
Same here, if its tilt only i'll pass. Big shame as the game looks brilliant just dislike tilt. The other racers i have (Sonic Racing and others) have the option for virtual controls which do work well
01-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Thought I might as well get this up in the official game thread as well. Short gameplay clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY2_mqNe78Q

Really hope you guys will like it.
01-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Looking forward to this huge fan of the "Reckless" series of games.

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 01-23-2013 at 05:40 AM.
01-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@polarbit.com View Post
Thought I might as well get this up in the official game thread as well. Short gameplay clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY2_mqNe78Q

Really hope you guys will like it.
If you may answer one simple query... Tilt-only? or are there touch control options?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Seems cool

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If you may answer one simple query... Tilt-only? or are there touch control options?
From the angle it's being played at (almost half way between top-down and the traditional racer perspective), I'd seriously hope it wouldn't be tilt-only. Not totally sure how well that would work. But definitely will have my eye on this one.
01-23-2013, 06:35 AM
A lot of their other racing games (Reckless Racing etc) have on screen buttons so i'm hoping fingers crossed this one does

However as Tommy keeps avoiding the question i reckon it hasnt ! (Hope i'm wrong)