Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Yeah, I'm fine with tilt also. These guys have proven over and over that they know what they are doing, especially when it comes to racing!

Now, then. Will this support iCloud perchance? : )
But on the other hand if they add an alternative control scheme that might mean more sales and more future games from this company. So ideally if they could cater for the tilt/non-tilt crowd everyones happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@polarbit.com View Post
Since there is already a bit going on on-screen, with the action buttons and jump (which is more important here than in most kart-type games), we felt touch steering might be crowding the display a bit. We'll have a look at how best to get that in there though.

EDIT:
We've had a quick chat about it, and decided touch steering will def. be in for the first update.
Good luck with your launch today. By the way - sold ! Not a fan of tilt only ones but i want to support this and i look forward to the first update, cheers
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Kinda not my type of Game

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-23-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Hate to be that guy, Tommy, but any IAPs and if so...for what?
Yep. Extra credits. The game is balanced so that you'll never *need* to buy any extra credits, but if you feel that you just can't wait until finishing a cup to get that shiny new Rocket Launcher, the option is there.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Good luck with your launch today. By the way - sold ! Not a fan of tilt only ones but i want to support this and i look forward to the first update, cheers
Thanks!
Hope you'll like it as much as I do.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

Kinda not my type of Game
Is that really how the game sounds?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Is that really how the game sounds?
Yepp. But that isn`t the reason why I don`t like it. I just enjoyed to much Reckless Racing 2 and was expecting now finally Reckless Racing 3. While Cracking Sands isn`t a bad Game I just don`t get that Aha - Feeling from it
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hmm...might need to hear some more impressions on this. The sound issues, tilt only and potentially slower gameplay - little worrisome.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah, sincere apologies to whoever the sound guy was for this but my first reaction was Christ, that is some horrendously bad audio. If it sounds even close to that if and when I buy it myself I'm playing it on very low volume or muted.

It's not as if I only like Pixelbite games, but they're plainly Polarbit's best team, and this doesn't look like it's anywhere near that level so far. Still interested - the Reckless series and Tank Riders earn you a lot of good will with me - but yeah, not looking as promising as it could do IMO.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Being at work, I hadn't watched he video, but did during lunch. Still looks fun, but still find it strange to have tilt only controls with a game played at that angle. I actually usually prefer tilt in games like Asphalt 7 and NFS: MW, but this being from a nearly top down perspective, I don't think it would have been my preferred method here.

Other issues aside, have those who have played it felt good about the tilt controls.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM

I don't think the YouTube compression does the audio any services, but it's possible to adjust the sfx and music volumes individually, if you really don't like it. Those who have tried it, and not just seen clips of it, we'd really appreciate any input on audio (and of course and other feature you love, or don't love). Anything you feel particularly strong about, make sure to e-mail me, since there's always a risk of us missing comments when it's posted in forums.

Like most racing games, the speed of gameplay increases during the course of playing (upgrades, new vehicles and so on). That said, this should probably be thought of as an evolution of a kart game rather than an offroad or street racer. Not sure the shooter aspects would work as well going 250 mph.