★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Even iPhone 3GS is supported? Wow
I know there's been some games that don't support the 3GS, but don't think people should be surprised at support for it. It's far more resilient than like when I had just an iPod Touch 2G, which got outdated very quickly. Graphically intensive games like Heroes & Castles and NFS:MW work still work great on it.

Still been in the prowl for a good car combat game so looking forward to this even with tilt.
01-23-2013, 07:42 AM
I just figured I ask it because I thought it was the apple standard support and not the developers what it supports. Kinda reminds me of the ps3 game forgot the title though

01-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I just figured I ask it because I thought it was the apple standard support and not the developers what it supports.
Yeah, I know, I've gotten burned a few times on that. But also have had it work the other way too like with Momonga Pinball Adventures, where the dev said it didn't work on a 3GS but Apple's restrictions still allowed me to download it and it works fine.

Frankly, even though there are a few games that I can't play that I wish I could, I'm glad that it's held up as long as it has with a good amount of developer support.

Anyway, is the PS3 game you're thinking of Twisted Metal? This doesn't look as dark and "twisted" as that but hope it's got some good combat to it.
01-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Yeah, I know, I've gotten burned a few times on that. But also have had it work the other way too like with Momonga Pinball Adventures, where the dev said it didn't work on a 3GS but Apple's restrictions still allowed me to download it and it works fine.

Anyway, is the PS3 game you're thinking of Twisted Metal? This doesn't look as dark and "twisted" as that but hope it's got some good combat to it.
No I think its mod team racing or something. Yea I been playing momo on touch 4 nonstop never crashed yet on me but does get a little slowdown sometimes
01-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Yeah, I'm fine with tilt also. These guys have proven over and over that they know what they are doing, especially when it comes to racing!

Now, then. Will this support iCloud perchance? : )
But on the other hand if they add an alternative control scheme that might mean more sales and more future games from this company. So ideally if they could cater for the tilt/non-tilt crowd everyones happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@polarbit.com View Post
Since there is already a bit going on on-screen, with the action buttons and jump (which is more important here than in most kart-type games), we felt touch steering might be crowding the display a bit. We'll have a look at how best to get that in there though.

EDIT:
We've had a quick chat about it, and decided touch steering will def. be in for the first update.
Good luck with your launch today. By the way - sold ! Not a fan of tilt only ones but i want to support this and i look forward to the first update, cheers
01-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Game Impressions

Kinda not my type of Game

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-23-2013 at 08:36 AM.
01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Hate to be that guy, Tommy, but any IAPs and if so...for what?
Yep. Extra credits. The game is balanced so that you'll never *need* to buy any extra credits, but if you feel that you just can't wait until finishing a cup to get that shiny new Rocket Launcher, the option is there.
01-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Good luck with your launch today. By the way - sold ! Not a fan of tilt only ones but i want to support this and i look forward to the first update, cheers
Thanks!
Hope you'll like it as much as I do.
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

Kinda not my type of Game
Is that really how the game sounds?
01-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Well nevermind after hearing chain saws in the video I'm passing. Never had a go kart like that

Cracking sounds should be terrible sounds