★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Candy Crush Saga, from the makers of Pet Rescue Saga & Farm Heroes Saga!

The sweetest game ever!

Join Tiffi and Mr. Toffee in their sweet adventure through the Candy Kingdom. Pass level 50 to unlock Dreamworld and escape reality alongside an owl named Odus. Switch and match your way through hundreds of levels in this delicious puzzle adventure. Isn't it the sweetest game around?

Take on this deliciously sweet Saga alone or play with friends to see who can get the highest score! 

Candy Crush Saga is completely free to play but some in-game items such as extra moves or lives will require payment.

You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your devices settings.

Candy Crush Saga features:

Tasty candy graphics that will leave you hungry for more

Unwrap delicious environments and meet the sweetest characters

Helpful magical boosters to help with challenging levels 

Complete adventurous levels and unlock treats

Easy and fun to play, challenging to master 

Hundreds of sweet levels in the Candy Kingdom - more added every 2 weeks!

Leaderboards to watch your friends and competitors!

Easily sync the game between devices and unlock full game features when connected to the Internet

Already a fan of Candy Crush Saga? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest news:

facebook.com/CandyCrushSaga

twitter.com/CandyCrushSaga

Last but not least, a big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who has played Candy Crush Saga!

*Minimum iOS version recommended: 5.1.1*
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Love the game so far. Definitely has more going for it than your standard match 3.
One question - anyone know the reasoning behind the mega expensive IAP?

01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
I forget if its 32 or 33, but its not passable through strategy. Rather, you need to keep trying it obsessively over the course of several days (you cant keep trying it all at once because of the equivalent of timers) until the stars align in the perfect combinations. I gave up without doing it. My wife, who plays a single game at a time with single minded devotion, eventually cleared it, but it took a bunch of days. If your strategy is better, it may only take you 20 tries over 4 days, while it might have taken her 40 tries over 8, but no matter how good your strategy, replays over days will be required.

Its a paywall for most folks, and the IAP is brutally expensive.

The game is cute and well done, but with nearly impenetrably paywalls only barely passsable without IAP (and then requiring many attempts and luck) and brutally expensive IAP, the game is only for folks like my wife. That said, you should be able to enjoy the initial levels no problem, and there is enough there to be potentially worth your while if you wont get ticked off later.

Use The Code JFLF5HT To Get 50% More Coins In Combat Monsters!
03-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Do any of you keep getting redirected to the App Store to this game from your web browser? I'm about ready to blow my brains out!
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Everyone on Facebook has been playing Candy Crush Saga lately. Guess I'll see why my friends are so into this match-3. It's also number two on the top-grossing charts..
03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Everyone on Facebook has been playing Candy Crush Saga lately. Guess I'll see why my friends are so into this match-3. It's also number two on the top-grossing charts..
I thought it was fantastic until level 33 (or around there) when I realized what pure BS this game was. There are levels that unless you get the right set up can't be cleared. So you will play your five free games and then it will ask you if you want to wait or pay to play more. After you have played tons of games you realize there is a reason why they are asking if you want to buy power ups to help clear boards.

There were a few levels where I probably put in over a hundred tries just waiting for the right pieces to be present so I could clear the board.

I am not against iap but I am against this type of iap where a developer can make a game so skewed in their favor that people need to pay to move on.
03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I thought it was fantastic until level 33 (or around there) when I realized what pure BS this game was. There are levels that unless you get the right set up can't be cleared. So you will play your five free games and then it will ask you if you want to wait or pay to play more. After you have played tons of games you realize there is a reason why they are asking if you want to buy power ups to help clear boards.

There were a few levels where I probably put in over a hundred tries just waiting for the right pieces to be present so I could clear the board.

I am not against iap but I am against this type of iap where a developer can make a game so skewed in their favor that people need to pay to move on.
Bingo. It's a scam.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I dont think its any more a scam than any other freemium social game and I don't find it to be unplayable. Some levels rely heavily on getting that lucky combination or two and sometimes i might be stuck on the same level for over a week. My wife is on level 251 and I'm on 123 and we have not spent a penny on it. We play on FB and our phones and I find the iOS version to be easier than the FB version. Many times if I hit a wall on FB I try it on my phone and get it in just a few tries. It is quite challenging and higher levels add new elements and harder challenges. For a free game I highly recommend it.

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
I keep seeing ads for this pop up all over Facebook. Annoying the hell outta me. If you're gonna pay money for a game based around luck you might as well just do some gambling and possibly win a bit back.
03-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I dont think its any more a scam than any other freemium social game and I don't find it to be unplayable. Some levels rely heavily on getting that lucky combination or two and sometimes i might be stuck on the same level for over a week. My wife is on level 251 and I'm on 123 and we have not spent a penny on it. We play on FB and our phones and I find the iOS version to be easier than the FB version. Many times if I hit a wall on FB I try it on my phone and get it in just a few tries. It is quite challenging and higher levels add new elements and harder challenges. For a free game I highly recommend it.
No offense, honestly, but if you're stuck on a level for over a week, and it's not because of poor play, then I call that a scam.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!