Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Anyone else in the iOS 5.1.1 club?

Usually I update my iPhone and iPad immediately when a new update is available, but when Apple unveiled iOS 6 last year, the negatives of updating far outweighed the positives for me.

The excision of Google's Maps and the YouTube app were my main reasons for not updating. I know Google has their own Maps app on the App Store, as well as an official YouTube app available for download, but I am not a fan of change, and I heard Google's app for Maps has a different interface.

And as far as YouTube goes, videos sure do load faster on the Google app, but I don't appreciate having ads on my videos, and watching videos over 3G is like watching a movie through a window in Silent Hill... aka, it's blurry as hell.

And what does the app add? It changes the interface for the App Store, it adds Passbook, and wow, even Facebook integration! I totally wanted to use all these features.

I'm sure there are those out there that really enjoy these changes/additions in iOS 6, but I don't think I am one of them. As such, I am stuck at 5.1.1 for the time being, and am proud to be an iOS Quintuplan.

Anyone else in this boat with me?