★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iFBA - Final Burn Alpha for iOS - available

01-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Btw, what's the possibility of getting PC Engine games like Castlevania Rondo of Blood running on this? Is PCE a completely different thing or is it possible that it could run on iFBA?
01-27-2013, 05:50 AM
hey yoyofr, I don't know what the best way to get in contact with you is... I did a sort of hacky patch to iFBA that allows it to work on non-jailbroken devices (for people that have dev accounts at least). All that I did was add the standard doc directory lookup to the rom list screen.

It is kinda a hack right now, but I could send you a pull request on github if you would like.

Also, thanks for making this, and making it so easy to run! I didn't have any problems at all getting the code and installing. Greatly appreciate your work.

Right hand at Lucky Frame. Makes Games.

02-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Would be the greatest thing if it was possible to insert some kind of net code into iFBA for online multiplayer/replays sharing/chat. Yoyo, can this be done on an iOS device? Maybe some pro hacker has the tools for the job..
02-03-2013, 11:39 AM
^^^^
02-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbro View Post
hey yoyofr, I don't know what the best way to get in contact with you is... I did a sort of hacky patch to iFBA that allows it to work on non-jailbroken devices (for people that have dev accounts at least). All that I did was add the standard doc directory lookup to the rom list screen.

It is kinda a hack right now, but I could send you a pull request on github if you would like.

Also, thanks for making this, and making it so easy to run! I didn't have any problems at all getting the code and installing. Greatly appreciate your work.
I would like to know how to install this on a non-jailbroken ipad. I have a developer account and would like to experience ifba. It looks very cool.
02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Ios6.1

Guys I had ifba on iOS 5.1.1 running no problems, since I've updated to ios 6.1 and reinstalling ifba and roms etc I can no longer get the games to load it gives me no errors the game line will just be highlighted blue, do we know if ifba runs on 6.1 if so what am I doing wrong ? I believe I have all bios installed aswell ie Naomi neogeo and pgm , any help would be greatly appreciated, thx.
02-24-2013, 03:01 AM
Not exactly helpful in your specific case but I've been using gridlee and it runs my arcade games just fine. (Then again I'm on iPad 4) I don't know what you're using but you can use gridlee also and no jailbreak needed either! But no, I haven't tried this emulator so I cant answer in specific. =\
04-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm having problems with nearly every rom I try -- I know everything is set up correctly because I've gotten at least 2 games to work (lol).

But how do you guys know exactly what rom to use.
there is US / ASIA / JAPAN / EU /etc....

I'm assuming go with the biggest file size, but even then it doesn't work.
ie. MVC1/2 ... do I need to put all versions into the folder?

I spent forever googling, and apparently some games need even past games to operate? I guess they share sprites/resources?

help please! I'm so excited to play - but so far away lol

k40
08-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Good!!!
08-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaks40 View Post
I'm having problems with nearly every rom I try -- I know everything is set up correctly because I've gotten at least 2 games to work (lol).

But how do you guys know exactly what rom to use.
there is US / ASIA / JAPAN / EU /etc....

I'm assuming go with the biggest file size, but even then it doesn't work.
ie. MVC1/2 ... do I need to put all versions into the folder?

I spent forever googling, and apparently some games need even past games to operate? I guess they share sprites/resources?

help please! I'm so excited to play - but so far away lol

k40
The app has a list within it of all the compatible apps tat work. I can't remember where it is in the app but it's in there