• Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 283.8 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: BEST EXPERIENCED ON IPAD 2+
ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH IPHONE 4S+

Enter the lost world of Kairo. Explore vast abandoned monuments. Bring strange and ancient machinery back to life. Slowly uncover the true purpose of Kairo and fulfil a great destiny.

Kairo is an atmospheric 3D exploration and puzzle solving game. Developed by Richard Perrin the creator of the white chamber with music by Wounds (Bartosz Szturgiewicz).

"Kairo is mysterious and elegant and powerfully distinct. Like Fez and Minecraft, it will work its way into your dreams if you're not careful." - Eurogamer

"It's such a beautiful world to explore, such captivating, simple mechanics, and such a lasting impression. - GamesTM

"...bare-bones gaming with the emphasis on exploration. And it's worth exploring." - Rock Paper Shotgun

metalcasket's comments:
01-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Nice find. Looks promising. I wonder if it can keep up with my expectations...

01-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Nice find. Looks promising. I wonder if it can keep up with my expectations...
Oh man, I know...I have not thrown $5 at a developer on the App Store quicker than I have right now.

Also, if anyone was wondering: No IAPs. Read about it here.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-25-2013, 06:23 AM
Yeah looks interesting
01-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
That was an awesome read thank you. Nice to see a developer of a similar mindset, that alone pretty much guarantees a sale from me. What a cool guy, restores some faith in a sea of shady practice.
01-25-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm not into Myst-type exploration games, but after reading the developer's views on his business philosophy may push me over. Just waiting for more impressions and reviews.
01-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Turned off the lights, put on my headphones and played this game -- amazing. I'm gonna enjoy exploring this strange dimension.

There's a review on the mac/pc version on Eurogamer that gives more details on what the game is about.
01-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Wow, great read. I hope everyone takes a moment. Sold.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-25-2013, 07:21 AM
So jealous, Raven... Oh look, my download's done. *scurries off to play*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Looks very interesting this one.