Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 12-26-2012, 04:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Great stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maulwurf View Post

AmigaPad 2.0 Release notes

Release date: 2012-12-13

AmigaPad 2.0 is a recommended upgrade offering new features, games and bug fixes.

New Features, Fixes and Stability Enhancements since AmigaPad 1.0

General and User Interface:
-Added Status-LEDs to display the disk activity
-Added large full-featured Amiga keyboard (IPad)
-Fixed mouse buttons (Two-finger tap: left button , Three-finger tap: right button)
-Improved iON's iCade Support
-Several general fixes and stability improvements

Display:
-Added full-screen mode
-Fixed aspect ratio & cropping

Games:
-Fixed several issues related to game compatibility (Gods, Project-X, and more...)

Compatibility:
IPod Touch 4, IPad1, IPad2, IPad3, iPhone 3GS, Iphone 4, Iphone 4S with IOS5
Absolutely great update and I am looking forward to playing my favorites.

Need to add a few suggestions if you don't mind?
1. I'd like to hear Amiga floppy drive noise while loading
2. To be able to flip the screen when iPad is moved.
3. Compatibility with the magic mouse or any other Bluetooth mouse in order to be able to play games like cannon fodder, lemmings etc.. (it gets very frustrating when using fingers on the screen.)

Once again this emu is awesome, great job.

Cheers,
Nash
Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 AM

Great emu but onscreen controls are ridiculous! When I switch to full screen mode virtual joypad disappeared and everywhere I touch only fire button works!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

@tognesimo: Virtual controlls work fine on my devices (iphone4s/ipad3 IOS 5). Which one do you have? AmigaPad supports the iCade. You should get one. It's a much better way of playing the games.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Path for Roms

This is Epic! I was waiting a long time for something like this! Dose anyone know what the path is for adding in more Amiga Roms?

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:42 PM

I have the same problem with the updated version, I get only the fire button. The previous version worked fine. I use it on my iPhone3GS with iOS5 (I also have an iPad3, but i can't Jailbreak it, because I have iOS6 on it)
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

@dark3d: you can add more games by using tools like ifunbox or iexplorer. just copy your adf files into the folder //Applications/AmiaPad/Games

@klfmate: i can not reproduce your bug with my iphone4/ipad3. can you write all steps to reproduce this bug. when does it occur ? is this with all games ?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 PM

josh : OK, I've checked now, I see the problem comes only if I switch to full screen. Then I can do anything, only the fire button is there.. I have to exit and load the Amigapad again.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Default Central List

I've played around with it quite a bit, these are my conclusions so far.

The mouse buttons works fine in moste circumstances but games requiring frequent use of the RMB (Cannon fodder etc) is impossible. I would suggest having the option of using a part of the bottom right screen as RMB (kind of like the joystick setup but smaller area). I would also suggest speeding up the sensitivity of the mouse, ideally so that it follows the finger, either fixed or have the possibility to set it with a slider.

There seems to be a general issue with some resolutions which makes smaller text hard to read, or some games to crap out completely when they try to change to certain resolutions or graphic modes. There is one specific "error" that's present in a few games which makes the colors disappear from the left most part of the screen, ca 2cm and move it to the right. Hill street blues and The Clue are examples of this.

As for suggestions, one obvious is AGA support etc. I wouldn't mind being able to add floppy drives, and to empty the floppy drive. I recall some games on Winuae going nuts if they don't recognize the drive as empty some times when changing (cant recall specific games).

All in all it is a really good emulator and I am very hopeful about it's future. Sounds are working great so far and Controls works good for most games. There of course are issues with games that use mousa and keyboard or kb and joystick etc. I am however really impressed with it and can't decide How I feel about not being able to do any configuration. I used to have different setups in Winuae, wiith x fastmem, chip etc etc. I Think it might be an idea in the future to include certain fixed setyps to choose between. I recall Roots of amiga at least used to have which WinUAE setups worked best with an individual game.

Tried a few games, is there a central list with compatible games?

Super Cars 2: Doesn't work, crashes/graphic glitches
Battle Isle : works
B.A.T. : Works, can't get RMB to work properly
Covert Action : works
Space Crusade : Works
Mega-Lo Mania : Nope, Doesn't get past black screen.
Battle Tech : works
Cannon Fodder : Works, not practical with RMB
Deuteros : Crashes AmigaPad instantly
Flashback : seemed to work, didn't have passcodes for copy protection
Guild of thieves : Semi, Major graphic issues, unplayable but starts.
It Came from the desert : Starts and looks ok, cant get the game to go past first message.
Lords of the Rising sun : Black screen after insert reel 2. get some activity on the lights but nothing else.
King of Chicago : Works
Millenium 2.2 : Crashes Amiga Pad, either after cracktro or directly
Nitro : Semi, starts to intro pic then loops
Nuclear War : Works
Oil Imperium : Works
Pinball Dreams : Works
Pinball Fantasies : Works
The Settlers : Works
Space Hulk : Works
Donald duck's playground : No, Causes software error
Hill street blues : Starts and looks like it's working but some graphic offset and cant get past rookie patrols
Empire War game of the century : Seems to stop after intro screen, some graphic offset. (same as HSB)
Deja Vu : Works fine but have issues with interface, cant move items from objects to inventory.
Flood : Seems to hang with cyan screen after cracktro
Chuck Rock : Works
Champions of krynn : Works
The Clue : Works but some graphic offset, same as HSB (Leftmost part is not colored in correctly)
Deflektor : Works
DreamWeb : Works

Last edited by Shikomon; 01-06-2013 at 04:06 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 AM

Default IPA File

Hi, thanks for this great free app, unfortunately I've had to upgrade my ipad and lost the jailbreak. I have managed to install third party home brew apps using iFun Box install option, all I need is the ipa file. Can you email me the file or upload it to a site I can access, as the repo is not accessible outside Cyrus for non-jail broken iOS.

Cheers!

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by maulwurf View Post
AMIGA PAD

Its finally here - the real deal. one of the best-selling single personal computer of all time, with million units sold worldwide - the one and only unofficially licensed Commodore Amiga for your iPhone and iPad universal app! This version provides an authentic reproduction of several original games.

If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to comment.
First version, still lots of stuff to do ;-)

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4, iPod touch 4, and iPad 2. Requires iOS 5.0 or later!

Get your Free Copy. Repo-Address: [url]http://boerse-repo.net[/url]

Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM

Thanks a lot for AmigaPad, it's just the emulator I was waiting since so much time!!!
I just spent 2 hours playing Stunt Car Racer on my iPod Touch with iControlPad, it was amazing. Exactly the same feeling I got many years ago with my Amiga.
Have to wait now jailbreak for iOS 6 to enjoy it on my ipad3...

One suggestion: do you think it will possible to save game position?

Last edited by Comte zero; 01-25-2013 at 03:35 PM..