App description: ***** App Store Best of 2012 *****
Included in the 'Showpiece Games' category

***** App Store Editor's Choice Winner *****

Play as Rok, the Orc Warchief on a quest for vengeance in this incredible RPG adventure.

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

With groundbreaking visuals, intense combat, dynamic controls, epic boss battles and a deep, narrative-driven campaign, ORC: Vengeance is the most complete RPG available on the App Store.

Press reaction:

"Not since Infinity Blade has a game oozed so much quality." The Sun

"Not only is it a fine dungeon crawler, but the game also helps set the standard for other developer..." GameTrailers

"...dungeon-crawling done right" iMore

"ORC: Vengeance is one of the best dungeon-crawlers we've played on iOS." Slide To Play

"This is definitely a game that makes us happy on the inside" TouchArcade

"among the finest dungeon crawlers for iPhone and iPad, a well-polished and fun monster-bashing romp with impressive graphics, a plethora of weapons and solid gesture-based controls" Modojo

"...one of the finest examples of its genre on the platform right now." Hookshot Inc

Universal; works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with retina support.

iCloud sync supported, plus 4 game slots for those who share Apple IDs.

EPIC STORY
The Dark Lord has risen and has enslaved your Orc brethren, it's up to you to defeat him, and his legion of followers, and restore the balance to Argon.

CONSOLE QUALITY VISUALS
Prepare to be blown away by some of the most impressive graphics on the App Store. Environments, combat and visual effects come to life on screen.

FIERCE COMBAT
Choose from a devastating array of weapons to destroy your enemies. Two-handed battle axes, swords and mighty war-hammers.

LOOT AND LORE
Break open chests, sell items and kill enemies to uncover loot to spend on new weapons and armor. Find the lost books of the ancients and uncover the story of the Dark One.

We are aware of a few isolated cases of people having problems with the build and we are very sorry about that. The developers are working hard now to resolve the issue in question and we promise you'll be back dungeon crawling as soon as possible.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains advertisments for EA and its partners. Contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Sanuku's comments:




12-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Decided to sync this as one of the first games I wanted to try on my new iPad. Didn't enjoy it too much on my iPod with the old touch controls. The new scheme is perfect though. Pretty simple dungeon crawler with the usual skills. Two equip slots allows the game to be more compact in scope. Really liked how no grinding was necessary at all, although this meant the game was only 2.5 hours long (medium difficulty). Everything was priced very fairly even without upgrading greed at all. I just put 3 into damage and 1 into defense with every level up. Beat the game without any problems that way.

Pretty good voice acting. Loved the credits. The game was repetitive every now and then though. There were way too many bridge scenes, and some settings/level designs appeared too frequently. Either way, it takes under 3 hours to beat, so I'd say it's worth the time. Game's still free for those of you who never picked it up.

Twitter: @back2this
01-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Just finished Orc Vengeance! Wow phenomenal game!

Does anyone know which stages the secret levels are located in? I should have written it down as I was playing. I will do so from now on!

Is there a best or ultimate gear in this game?

Is greed worth it once you finish the game? I'm torn whether or not I should invest in it to help lessen the grind. It makes things sold in shops cheaper right?

And lastly, does higher difficulty affect loot and money drops in any way or does it just make the game harder? I finished the game on "warrior" and felt the game provided a good challenge.

01-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Superb dungeon crawler with an actual storyline!
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
So it seems that the xp is the same regardless of difficulty. Higher difficulty should provide more reward no?

I noticed that 3 of the stages in the main menu had a little yellow tab written "new". I thought there were 5 new levels. How come the other 2 aren't marked? Also I finished 2 of the hidden levels and now they are no longer marked. I wrote down their location however incase I want to re-visit them.

I found the epic sword Blade of Ages in a chest in the hidden level, Lost Catacombs in the Tomb of the King. I don't know if it's a fixed or random drop. Gonna run it again to check. I found my epic shield Ancient's Crest on my normal playthrough. Mine is only level 18 but a I saw a level 30 one in the vendor for 38k lol.
03-18-2013, 01:49 PM
..

Just beat this last night after a little break from it and wow what a awesome game! If this had different classes or maybe more loot as in chest, leg, shoulder, and rings that would of been insane!
03-18-2013, 02:14 PM
I really wanted to like this game, but several issues made it result in a tedious game for me:

The skill gestures didn't work for me more often than the worked.

Most of the big battles just consisted if me getting in a couple of jabs while taking damage and then running around for a few minutes while my health builds up before getting in my next couple of jabs.

Half the time the game won't show me how much health I had.

It's a shame because the graphics and general production values are wry good.
03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
I really wanted to like this game, but several issues made it result in a tedious game for me:

The skill gestures didn't work for me more often than the worked.

Most of the big battles just consisted if me getting in a couple of jabs while taking damage and then running around for a few minutes while my health builds up before getting in my next couple of jabs.

Half the time the game won't show me how much health I had.

It's a shame because the graphics and general production values are wry good.
Why not play the game without gestures using the buttons? The update they released
to do just that, really made it a far better playing experience.
03-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemineye62 View Post
Why not play the game without gestures using the buttons? The update they released
to do just that, really made it a far better playing experience.
I didn't realise you could (or maybe you couldn't when I tried it). Either way, the doge for two minutes, fight off 5 seconds and repeat style of battles was wearing me down.
03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
So it seems that the xp is the same regardless of difficulty. Higher difficulty should provide more reward no?

I noticed that 3 of the stages in the main menu had a little yellow tab written "new". I thought there were 5 new levels. How come the other 2 aren't marked? Also I finished 2 of the hidden levels and now they are no longer marked. I wrote down their location however incase I want to re-visit them.

I found the epic sword Blade of Ages in a chest in the hidden level, Lost Catacombs in the Tomb of the King. I don't know if it's a fixed or random drop. Gonna run it again to check. I found my epic shield Ancient's Crest on my normal playthrough. Mine is only level 18 but a I saw a level 30 one in the vendor for 38k lol.
Mind telling me what stages the new dungeons are on? I didnt write them down
04-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Orc Vengeance Secret Levels Stages

The 5 Hidden Levels in Orc Vengeance

Escape - Den of Despair
Storm Keep - Old Waterways
Tomb of the King - Lost Catacombs
Widows Lair - Troll Cave
Magmar Fortress - Pit of Fire

Hope this helps fellow gamers.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.