Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM

I •••Spoiler:  Sacrificed all three girls and nothing happened, so I guess there is no extra scene.

Also, here are some tips for the vortex.

•••Spoiler:  Take nine boosts, of course. There's not really any walls to hit in the vortex, so you can easily save yourself from bad jumps nine times.

In the vortex, for some reason, you don't really have to land on top of things to reset your jump meter. Usually hitting them on the side will do. So realize the rules are different and don't give up just because you didn't perfectly land a jump.

Also, you usually pass a bit into anything you hit on the side and that helps.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^yup... just touch anything in the vortex and it resets the jump counter, be it with your head, legs, sides, etc.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Over 3 months later and I got a new ipad mini and had to launch this game again. I did get tired of the game after i unlocked eveything in the game...

But now... Love rekindled! I cant believe im starting all over again with the same excitement and awe as i had when the game was released!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Dude, how did you unlock everything? I earn coins like a snail gathers speed...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Dude, how did you unlock everything? I earn coins like a snail gathers speed...
It does start out really slow until you can get the first level of wings for 900 coins. I was getting about 70-100 coins but there were a couple lucky runs where i got wings from killing the floating orbs and i managed to get almost 400 coins on each of those 2 lucky runs. This is all just from playing about 20 mins and Im really close to getting level 2 wings. So it's a good speed.

Lv2 wings is what im aiming before going for getting an extra life, then unlocking the mermaid. Once you have the mermaid, money is just too easy as she kills everything in range with her attacks, and chase the gold coins that the monsters unlock while ignoring the small coins.

Thing is, during the first release, there was an issue with jailbroken devices that resets your upgrades, and I had to start the game from scratch 4 times unlocking at least Lv2 Wings and the mermaid before each reset... so i got some good idea and practice as to how im gonna approach things, and it works for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It does start out really slow until you can get the first level of wings for 900 coins. I was getting about 70-100 coins but there were a couple lucky runs where i got wings from killing the floating orbs and i managed to get almost 400 coins on each of those 2 lucky runs. This is all just from playing about 20 mins and Im really close to getting level 2 wings. So it's a good speed.

Lv2 wings is what im aiming before going for getting an extra life, then unlocking the mermaid. Once you have the mermaid, money is just too easy as she kills everything in range with her attacks, and chase the gold coins that the monsters unlock while ignoring the small coins.

Thing is, during the first release, there was an issue with jailbroken devices that resets your upgrades, and I had to start the game from scratch 4 times unlocking at least Lv2 Wings and the mermaid before each reset... so i got some good idea and practice as to how im gonna approach things, and it works for me.

Hmmm, see, I'm currently trying to unlock that Mermaid, since I already have Level 2 wings. But damn, she's like 15,000 coins, no?

Thanks for the tips, though!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Hmmm, see, I'm currently trying to unlock that Mermaid, since I already have Level 2 wings. But damn, she's like 15,000 coins, no?

Thanks for the tips, though!
With 2 wings i can average about 1k coins per run. It's a grind to do 15 runs, but it didnt take long to unlock the mermaid as i recall because i unlocked here like 5 times in a little over a week. And, i dont play too much each day because of having 2 jobs.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
With 2 wings i can average about 1k coins per run. It's a grind to do 15 runs, but it didnt take long to unlock the mermaid as i recall because i unlocked here like 5 times in a little over a week. And, i dont play too much each day because of having 2 jobs.
1k coins per run?! Damn! Most I can get it like 500, I think. But I have two warp portals, too, do those help get coins?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
1k coins per run?! Damn! Most I can get it like 500, I think. But I have two warp portals, too, do those help get coins?
To be honest, i didnt like warp portals much.

They let you skip an entire segment and moves you right before the next boss, which makes it more a "skip coins" than anything. For me, it's real purpose is to ease the progression of story mode where you need to•••Spoiler:   take the clock to the temple, in which case you dont have a weapon to attack monsters and bosses with.

As for helping getting coins, I cant really say. Sure you miss out on stage coins and those dropped by monsters in there, but it forwards you to bosses which give guaranteed coins when killed. Also, gold coins seem to be more commonly dropped later on in the game, so yeah... It could help with the coinage I guess.

On the other hand, when you have the mermaid, she "forces" out more gold coins from killed enemies even from the first segment before the first boss, so using the warps will make you skip all that gold coins, when everything is still very easy.

And as for my new game progress, i now have the mermaid unlocked and working to max out wing upgrades then i plan to unlock the Clock.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM

Hmm, very good points. When do you actually 'beat' the story mode? It's possible to complete it right?

In other news, I just got a new high score of 2,090,721!

I forgot how much fun this game is!