Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Feedback wanted: MOBA world painting

Hey Everyone,
I'm an indie developer working on an original MOBA for iPad and I'm looking for feedback! We just did a rendering of our world at a much more dramatic angle. What do you guys thinks about this world concept?

We're imagining the arena is on top of a vale. The spawn point is that island floating off to the side (under the tree in this shot) connected to the mainland by a bridge of tree roots and rock.

So, what do you think? look interesting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF_environment_concept_1-18_3.jpg (486.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hm... Well I'm not all that familiar with MOBAs, so my opinion probably isn't worth much. However, I will say this concept art looks a little too much like Guardians of Middle-Earth and Smite. I think the connotation of a fantasy setting is what gives me the feeling of Guardians of Middle-Earth, and the color palette is what gives me the idea of Smite.

Truthfully, despite the concept art being a little less pretty around the edges, the concept art you posted in this thread is more to my liking. It still has a fantasy vibe, but I am unaware of many MOBA games that utilize the colors and bio-luminescence that that concept art picture shows off. I'm a sucker for some bio-luminescence, though, so I'm biased

Overall, though, very good concept art!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Hm... Well I'm not all that familiar with MOBAs, so my opinion probably isn't worth much. However, I will say this concept art looks a little too much like Guardians of Middle-Earth and Smite. I think the connotation of a fantasy setting is what gives me the feeling of Guardians of Middle-Earth, and the color palette is what gives me the idea of Smite.

Truthfully, despite the concept art being a little less pretty around the edges, the concept art you posted in this thread is more to my liking. It still has a fantasy vibe, but I am unaware of many MOBA games that utilize the colors and bio-luminescence that that concept art picture shows off. I'm a sucker for some bio-luminescence, though, so I'm biased

Overall, though, very good concept art!
Thanks for the honest feedback MasterChief. Guardians of middle earth is a really pretty game IMO, so I'll take it as a compliment :-D

We're planning for both images to be inspiration for the 3D environment. This is a more dramatic painting but of the spawn area. The other image is more of a screenshot style painting but inside the forest. So I hope you'll like our final map (with lots of glowing crystals!).

Last edited by flavortext; 01-26-2013 at 02:45 AM.. Reason: grammar cleanup
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 AM
iPad 2

Looks really good