Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
sweet I bought the original fieldrunners for ipad.
Have fun!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:13 PM

I love the new polymorph gun, but the game is crashing like crazy for me since the last update.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronbulb View Post
I love the new polymorph gun, but the game is crashing like crazy for me since the last update.
Try holding the SLEEP button, then swiping the red button that says “Slide to Power Off”. After you’ve done that, restart your device and load up the game again. Everything should work perfectly.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I took the plunge a few weeks ago and I have to say that although it is a fairly competent tower defense game, there are technical issues that are really making it hard for me to play and enjoy the game, I'm playing on an ipad 2 and the following is just terribly annoying:
- Loading times are insanely long without justification but poor programming (being a coder in my past, and the CEO of a farily large tech company, this isn't something I'm saying without knowledge.)
- The game keeps crashing, every time I restart a level after defeat. This coupled with the load times is most unfortunate. I did try rebooting in the past.
- Most battles last too long with too many waves. Not a technical issue but a negative for me.
Maybe the first two issues are not as bad on the ipad 3 or 4, but due to the hardware weight I prefer to stick to my trusty old ipad 2.
This is a shame because as said before, the game is quite solid, has a ton of content, and makes you think. It is also obvious a lot of care and attention went into the level design and the art. Hopefully this can and will be fixed in the future, although I highly doubt it as the core engine running the game seems to take a lot of memory and is causing the load times and crashes.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I was really enjoying this game, but the long loading times and repeated crashes got old pretty quickly. I am shelving it for now and hoping that the developers can improve these areas. Otherwise, I guess I will give it a try when I eventually upgrade to a newer iPad.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM

Well, I've enjoyed this game over the Christmas break. The load times are long but not "outrageous", the difficulty is pitched quite nicely and it has a good sense of humor.

The only thing I'd like is a way of trying towers before buying them as I've yet to buy one that isn't inferior to a tower I've already unlocked. It makes me very wary of spending any money on coins.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

This game is a great time waster. Long times aren't too bad.

Difficulties are varied very nicely.

Really a solid game.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 PM

It is a great game marred by unenjoyable bugs that affect some people and totally screw their experience, and they don't look like they'll be sorted anytime soon while priorities are on other things (IAP, other platforms).
Old 01-13-2013, 05:00 AM

I finally sorted mine, reset iOS settings, deleted game, deleted iCloud data and now for the first time since launch I can play it properly. Yay.

But I had lol at the over $14 Polymorph tower (yes I know about the free version deal, i pity anyone that paid for it though) and the new popup that volunteers the information I can purchase coins in the store. This was touted as a premium game, by all accounts it is, but not if you're going to charge $10 and then shove that sort of malarkey into it post release.

Despite that I'm happy I can play, it is a good game when working. Added IAP design is a bit lowbrow but what can you do.

Last edited by september; 01-13-2013 at 05:03 AM..
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM

Default Help finish CARDS

Hi,
I'm trying to finish CARDS:
1. IRON DECK - can someone tell me where I can find the "HEAVY TRANSPORT"?
2. FUN DECK - where can I finish "DR. STRANGELOVE" (Defete 10 units at once by blowing up a S-17 Skywhale.)?

Thanks