Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
but still playing Astoroths Track 1 is considerably harder than the Track 2 bosses.
I ended up playing as Default for Track1 and Astaroth (and later Dantalion) for Track2 for Hard Mode.

I really do like Dantalion, as her outfit's not entirely outrageous, her voice is alright, and her Track1 is mellow-tetchy (though I do have trouble placing her beats; wanna say I did end up just sticking with her through the rest of Hard's T1s). Astaroth is similar, but she's a bit grandiose, even in tune.

ANYWAY, any headway on if there's a secret ending? Even at max level, I'm intimidated against using Serenity (and I'll prolly hold off on Satan's IAP until the next DLC sale; still debating Azazel, as he's the only other >$1 demon I haven't bought).
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I just bought everything (it's worth it) and i didnt find fighting Satan as difficult as i expected, but i did miss too much.

I like Satan's beats though... Wait... That doesnt sound right.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM

Last week or so, I booted up Hard Mode...to find myself at the first track for Astaroth. Now, see, I'm preeeety sure I haven't slogged back through that, so unless Free Mode can somehow allow you to jump around in Story Mode, either I'm senile, or...

Thought: Defeating Astaroth (and possibly the rest of Hard Mode) as Serenity, foregoing the Demons' Score, will change how you approach the final stage. This considering Astaroth and David's remarks about Serenity's use of it.

I really rather doubt it, but if there IS an alternate ending, associating it to the default character would allow a player to see it without buying IAPs, and the inclusion of the better-defended Asmodeus could help to obscure it, especially with how hard Satan can be even using Astaroth or Dantalion.

Any of you already tried the above?

Last edited by TJF588; 01-27-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 AM

How long does it take to beat on all difficulties? I want to buy all the inapp purchases before the sale ends but there's no way to do it without progressing through the game. I also wondered if save data from someone else's game could give me access to buy everything.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2011 View Post
How long does it take to beat on all difficulties? I want to buy all the inapp purchases before the sale ends but there's no way to do it without progressing through the game. I also wondered if save data from someone else's game could give me access to buy everything.
Give or take 3 to 5 hours to complete easy, medium and hard, some may require a few retires before you can get through it, but most dont.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM

thanks!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 PM

The sale's been changed to the app only. The prices on the IAP are now their permanent prices (barring another sale). So no need to rush. If you want confirmation, check the Square Enix Members site.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Any tips on how to tackle hard mode?
Because I am getting slaughtered!
Do I have to grind up to max level first or do I have to buy IAP? Whats the secret here?
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM

I ended up getting nearly to max level (likely thanks in part to playing Beelzebub's Track1) before going into Hard Mode. I posted what I used a page or two back, but in short I ended up using one of two IAP characters for their defense stats: Astaroth (who you can buy by now) and Dantalion (around mid-way through Hard Mode). IIRC, Eligos has the next best defense rating, but his Track1 has been a bit tricky for me.

If the tips are right (I'm too preoccupied during the stage to check), you lose HP for anything /but/ Critical hits in Hard Mode. My best suggestion may be to hit the triggers at all, to minimize damage. The worst for that has got to be the little energy balls that you have to tap out of the air (first seen in Asmodeus's Track2); still haven't worked out a pattern on them.

Too bad that DS doesn't have a recap of the moments before you died, unlike iNiS's previous Elite Beat Agents. In that title, though, it came down to me becoming proficient in whatever segments I got up to, progressively becoming reflexive until I manage to clear the song. Unfortunately, that means not becoming too good at the very end of any song. Makes me long for Guitar Hero's practice modes or somesuch.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Ok thanks for the tips. So basically my best bet is to grind some more until I hit max HP and then use Astaroth on hard mode and until know her track inside out?