★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-16-2011, 11:17 AM
This has dropped to $1.99, FYI. I have it, but for some reason have never quite managed to give it a real shot. I need to do that....
01-27-2013, 10:47 AM
I just viewed Tom Vassal's review of Through the Desert on the Dicetower and the pieces finally clicked and I won my first game ever.

01-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I just viewed Tom Vassal's review of Through the Desert on the Dicetower and the pieces finally clicked and I won my first game ever.
This one has never given me a problem. The Knizia game that continues to vex me is Tigris & Euphrates.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This one has never given me a problem. The Knizia game that continues to vex me is Tigris & Euphrates.
I haven't tried Tigris & Euphrates yet. Working my way through all these eurogames slowly but steadily...
01-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
It might just be me making the connection, but I think this might be a good gateway to Kingdom Builder as they both have somewhat similar vibes to me.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It might just be me making the connection, but I think this might be a good gateway to Kingdom Builder as they both have somewhat similar vibes to me.
They are quite similar, but I almost wonder if Kingdom Builder needs a gateway! I found that game pretty straightforward.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
They are quite similar, but I almost wonder if Kingdom Builder needs a gateway! I found that game pretty straightforward.
Okay, maybe Kingdom Builder is a gateway to this game then?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Okay, maybe Kingdom Builder is a gateway to this game then?
Ha! You may be right.

01-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
I love me some turn based/board games, but I honestly found T&E impenetrable for some reason. Just way too abstract I think.

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
I do not get Kingdom Builder anyway, the tutorial is still too confusing to me. May be I try this first.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)