★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-27-2013, 07:53 AM
May I please have a code? 😊
01-27-2013, 08:35 AM
I'll take a code and leave feedback if there are any more left. I'm in the US.

Thanks!

01-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMartin View Post

Hi, all!

I just released a simple arcade game for iOS to test the waters of the ecosystem. I'm a one-man studio and am looking for feedback.

I have 20 promo codes to give out. I'll PM the first 20 people to request a code in this thread. Include your country. All I request is that you give me some feedback and participate in the Game Center Leaderboard.

I'm interested in feedback in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Bugs/glitches
- Game play criticism/advice
- Ideas/suggestions for future versions
- Is it worth a buck?
- Promo suggestions

I'm also interested in becoming apart of the iOS game community and learning the ins-and-outs.

Hope to hear from you all!
Patrick
May I ask why you decided on the current name? And what does it mean? It's not easy to pronounce and word of mouth will be difficult when no one can say it. Art looks good though. Good luck with the game!!
01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately the game crashes on startup every time. iPod Touch 4G, 6.0.1.
01-27-2013, 09:46 AM
I'll buy this game. Be back later to give some feedback.

EDIT: Enjoying it right now. It hasn't frustrated me at all, which is good. Some games seem to do that. It also has a nice balance. Not too easy, not too hard. But there are some skill parts where it gets difficult. So far, really fun. Haven't encountered any major problems. Something really minor, and I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I played my first round, the first few feet, I couldn't tilt right or left. Also, I think the birds should be given a black outline, because the app description says that the bad guys that kill you are outlined in black. The bird doesn't have much of an outline at all.

Last edited by D-Vader; 01-27-2013 at 09:58 AM.
01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
D-Vader,
Thanks for buying the game. You can't control the balloon while it rises into position. It didn't occur to me that this could be seen as a bug. It's on my to-fix list. And, you're right about the crows.

toxiccheese,
The name's a double-edged sword: hard to forget, even harder to spell. I just thought it was fun. Thptpth is an attempt to spell the noise a balloon makes it's released and the air escapes. It's pronounced by sticking out your tongue and blowing. Thptpth may have been more recognizable when Bill the Cat was big way back when.

Andy C83,
I'm sorry to hear that. Did you try killing the process and restarting? Or even deleting and reinstalling? I tested on my iPhone 4. I didn't have access to any iTouches. I'll try to find one and see if I can fix that on the next update.

Thanks all! I still have few more Promo Codes.
01-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi, goodluck with your game, I suggest you add more screenshots
01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
I love endless scrollers so I would be glad to give some feedback! (I live in the US)
01-27-2013, 05:50 PM
It would be great if you could send me a promo code, thanks in advance
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I definitely like it as a quick pick-up-and-play game.

I almost always die after getting the hydrogen power up, though; as soon as I grab it I almost immediately die by running into a bird or a paper airplane.