Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

If I wasn't currently addicted to path of exile, I'd take the time to read the rules and play, oh well maybe next week, at least it's installed now....
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
neither is surfing: lie down, paddle with arms, stand up...but try it sometime!

but you're right, it doesn't seem overly hard once you understand stuff but the problem initially is piecing it together sans a decent tutorial. and there's lots of neat stuff you left out of your synopsis like Aid, passenger special abilities, lifeboat restrictions, blocking other players with crowds, flooding, etc. lots of stuff which makes it pretty fun to play.
Well, you're right, but I deliberately left that stuff out just to focus on the main game mechanics. I really felt like I had the hang of things after two games.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 PM

Sizzlakalonji, do you know what the Order Cards are for? The manual says there are 8 and they show an area on the board/ship where you place them before they're used and once they are used. It even mentions using them but I can't find where it says what they are or what they do. Do you know?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Sizzlakalonji, do you know what the Order Cards are for? The manual says there are 8 and they show an area on the board/ship where you place them before they're used and once they are used. It even mentions using them but I can't find where it says what they are or what they do. Do you know?
If you mean what I think you do then you're referring to the number on the face of the passenger cards. If that's the case, then it just tells you what space the characters begin on. They don't have any significance other than that.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM

No, look on page 3 of the manual, at the bottom, Order Tiles. Then on page 4, #3 is Order Tiles. What are those? (sorry, I first said Order Cards)

-----found it. They are explained on page 10, under Events. They show which lifeboats get lowered...doh!

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 01-30-2013 at 12:12 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM

unlike all the other passenger cards, I noticed that the cards for kids don't have a gender icon at the bottom of their picture nor a color for withholding a die and having it assume that color. so you can't withhold a die for kids, anyone know why this is?

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 01-30-2013 at 07:41 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
unlike all the other passenger cards, I noticed that the cards for kids don't have a gender icon at the bottom of their picture nor a color for withholding a die and having it assume that color. anyone know why this is? you can't withhold a die for kids?
It mentioned specifically that you can't withhold dice for the kids, but it doesn't say why.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM

hmmm, i looked around but couldn't find exactly where it was mentioned. i'll look more closely tonight in bed while watching Leave it to Beaver...thanks!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So what kind of stat tracking does it have? Does it track games against AI?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM

well, can't say as i haven't finished a game yet to see if there's any won/loss stuff at the end (i usually don't care about that stuff anyway). and there is no option at the beginning of a game to "List Stats"/"See Stats" but there is Game Center integration and Achievements.