Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Does these BBS series have a strict requirement for good timing?
I'm talking about at batting, cuz I hate games that need exact timing/position.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

another one of their game? nah, i think i'll pass..the days of gamevil as one my favorite game developers are over..so sad..will just use my time playing temple run 2..LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM

This series used to be one of my favs on the App Store. I would stay up for hours playing it...

I'm sure this is completely ruined and will be deleted within 15 min just like the past few.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Wow... I actually LOVE the Baseball Superstars series and am VERY excited about this one coming tonight. =o/
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM

Is there no exhibition mode or season mode? All I see my my batter and my pitcher
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

game is not showing up in my app store.... why???
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeguypal View Post
Is there no exhibition mode or season mode? All I see my my batter and my pitcher
Yeah, that's how it is apparently.

Quick impressions:
- The game lacks most of the modes from previous versions (not even a quick match mode!);
- Requires connection to play;
- IAP, IAP EVERYWHERE!;
- Lots of social crap nobody asked for.

I'm out.

The graphics are beautiful and fluid, though.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

I love this series so much...

First impressions are mixed. The IAP is the one thing that holds this game back every year. This time there's g points and stars to buy items, but you can earn both in game (although not really enough to buy much). The star items are actually almost reasonable compared to 2012, but still probably offensively high to most people. I have I admit I'm used to it, and bought several of the permanent upgrades in 2012. This time, only the permanent hawk eye option is available (less than $5 I think). The other upgrades like the nutritionist and the G-point doubler cost stars every 100 games, which is disappointing.

The visual style seems much improved, and the batting mode seems easier than 2012 so far.

One huge negative is that training costs G-points or stars, as well as uses active points and lowers your condition. No more training between every game unless you can cough up the G-points or stars.

Another thing is that before every game, you can buy power ups for G-points that help you win the game. Not sure how well you will do without these (but hey, it's another opportunity to buy more stars).

The plus side is that G-points are pretty easy to come by. You earn some after every game, after leveling up, etc. The items that cost stars may not even be necessary.

Yes, the IAP model is an offensive way to keep you buying stars. But this is the one series where I usually break down and just pay them because its so much fun. I miss the days of just buying the game once and being able to unlock everything in-game.

My suggestion is to try the free download and see what you think. Its too early to tell if you have to pay for some things to do well in batting mode like in 2012. Fans of the series should be pretty happy (except if you liked team mode, that's gone). It's easy to bash Gamevil for their business model, but damn it if I don't keep coming back every year.

Last edited by cameron331; 01-30-2013 at 11:30 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM

Not a bad game for the lovers of previous versions, but Gamevil is at this point is a company that I just stay away from. If anything its becoming like EA, player suggestions and feedback means nothing.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM

Like a lot of you.. I liked this series. It's well over now. The game is essentially broken.. forcing you to constantly dish out money in order to play, let alone win.

I'm not falling for it this year.