Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense (By Pixile Studios) - Same-Device Multiplayer!

Launch Trailer:
YouTube: video

The following is from the dev's post in the 'Upcoming Games' section.

Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense

Hey everyone, we're a new indie developer from Vancouver, Canada, and Stratosphere is the result of two years of work to bring competitive tower defense to the iPad! Two players each take a side of the iPad, and balance between building defensive towers and sending enemies at their opponent.

We created Stratosphere because we think the iPad is a great device to combine the fun of sitting around a board game with the interactive, real-time craziness made possible by video games. It's also a whole new take on the tower defense genre, where the player doesn't just sit by and wait for waves of enemies to approach his or her towers. Players must also make strategic decisions about sending enemies to overwhelm their opponent while at the same time ensuring that their defenses are strong enough to repel what is being sent at them.

We found that just like many other genres, tower defense is far more fun played against a real human rather than just computer controlled waves, so with that in mind we designed Stratosphere from the ground up for the iPad with multiplayer as the focus. Stratosphere is easy to pick up and play, but also has many deeper layers of strategy to discover and master as players uncover the stengths and weaknesses of each race, unique attributes of each level, and learn to balance their spending between sending enemies and building defensive towers.

For those looking to go it alone, Stratosphere also includes a singleplayer mode to learn the ropes, complete missions, unlock new levels and bonus content, and take on three increasingly difficult Stratobots.

Highlights:
  • Multiplayer, competitive tower defense playable by two players on a single iPad.
  • Three alien races, each with their own unique towers to master.
  • Unlockable modifiers that can be combined to create 500+ unique ways to play.
  • Zero load screens.
  • Singleplayer mode with missions to complete and three increasingly difficult Stratobots to take on.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

You can find more information about Stratosphere on our website, PixileStudios.com, our Facebook page, or @PixileStudios on Twitter.

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-04-2013 at 12:49 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 01:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Can't embed the app info, nor the video for the some reason. The URLs should all be sound, anyone know what the deal is?
Old 01-31-2013, 01:40 AM

It's still processing, it'll show
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for all the support guys! We're so excited that Stratosphere is up on the store now.

Here's our trailer of Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense from YouTube:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Mission Accomplished!

Just finished playing some of the game, and I must say it's fantastic. I hope other developers take note.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeSweetHome View Post
Just finished playing some of the game, and I must say it's fantastic. I hope other developers take note.
Thanks Rome, it means so much to us to hear that people are enjoying it! We're so excited that so many people finally get to play it now after spending the past two years creating it.

Looks like we're featured on the App Store now too!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Seems interesting, but I've been burnt by too many tower defense games already so will wait for impressions first...
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 AM

Bought it out of pure interest. TD Games like these are perfect for the "big" screen of the iPad. Will try it out later today.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This looks like a great game that I can play with my son. Bought!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This looks like a great game that I can play with my son. Bought!
Thanks Cole, hope you both really enjoy it! I've had a lot of fun playing with my 8-year-old cousin.