Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Undercoders's Avatar
Undercoders Undercoders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 135
Default Video Games Quiz - [Universal|

We're pleased to announce that our latest little game Video Games Quiz ! is available now free in the App Store! If you're a gamer, we think you may enjoy it

*Update:* New version 1.1 available now with new levels and improvements!

Download Link



Promotional Video


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up


Starts pretty easy, but gets really hard on the latest levels!

Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by Undercoders; 03-12-2013 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Added info on new update 1.1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
oooooomonkey oooooomonkey is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,311
Default

Can't believe it's taken someone this long to bring something like this out, what with all the logo quiz type games this should have been an obvious choice.
Well the game is brilliant done the first four sections and loving it.
Bargain for free too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Undercoders's Avatar
Undercoders Undercoders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Can't believe it's taken someone this long to bring something like this out, what with all the logo quiz type games this should have been an obvious choice.
Well the game is brilliant done the first four sections and loving it.
Bargain for free too.
Thanks for your comment, we're glad you're enjoying the game. Any suggestion is welcome for future updates!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM
mr_bez mr_bez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,087
Default

Been playing this for a while and enjoying it, but do have a couple of suggestions:

It should be possible to tap the middle of an already typed name so you can edit an error. It's frustrating having to delete a whole name to edit a typo in the first letter.

•••Spoiler:  The game didn't accept "DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING" as an answer.

Otherwise, I've hit a brick wall on level 8 (can only get 6/51) but I've not used any hints yet. I think that there's a definite skew towards older gamers (late 20s or older) as there are a lot of classic games in there, but that's no bad thing as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Undercoders's Avatar
Undercoders Undercoders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Been playing this for a while and enjoying it, but do have a couple of suggestions:

It should be possible to tap the middle of an already typed name so you can edit an error. It's frustrating having to delete a whole name to edit a typo in the first letter.

•••Spoiler:  The game didn't accept "DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING" as an answer.

Otherwise, I've hit a brick wall on level 8 (can only get 6/51) but I've not used any hints yet. I think that there's a definite skew towards older gamers (late 20s or older) as there are a lot of classic games in there, but that's no bad thing as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks for the suggestions, we've noted them for the next update!

Several versions of the titles are accepted as the correct ones for each game, however that combinatioon was not supported for the one you mentioned! It will in the next update. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
smj smj is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 88
Default

I played through this game this morning. Im number one on the leaderboard now. Finished it with one coin left. I could have done even better if I was a better speller.

Last edited by smj; 01-31-2013 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Undercoders's Avatar
Undercoders Undercoders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
I played through this game this morning. Im number one on the leaderboard now. Finished it with one coin left. I could have done even better if I was a better speller.

For Sonic 3d blast the answer is wrong. It said something like segasonic when my answer didn't work.
Wow, you're the first one to beat the game, congratulations! Hope you enjoyed it.

About the error in Sonic: (spoiler ahead! )
•••Spoiler:  The game you mention is not Sonic3D Blast though but the arcade version of Sonic, which is called segasonic the hedgehog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM
smj smj is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 88
Default

Yeah that was really fun. I hope there will be more content in the future.

Wow that is one obscure sonic game. Now I want to check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Undercoders's Avatar
Undercoders Undercoders is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 135
Default Update 1.1 Out Now!

Hi everyone!

We released the 1.1 update of Video Games Quiz ! featuring a whole new level (level 11) with more games to guess (now the game features over 450 games) and a new improved keyboard, based on feedback received by users, which should work much better. Some minor bugs were also fixed and Italian translation was added.

Hope you enjoy the update. New versions are on the way!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent