Preferred Game Engine?

01-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Unreal, I guess. I don't really seem to find that there's as much consistency with Unity in terms of what to expect from a Unity game graphically whereas most Unreal games look quite good.
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
I think we all know that Unity and Unreal look great, so I'll add Impact.

01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
I think in terms of 3d graphics and framerates, the following games look the best.

Dead Trigger - Unity
Nova 3
Asphalt 7
NFS Most Wanted
Wild Blood - Unreal Engine 3

I will keep it at five, so I can declare a winner. Be back later whenever I figure what is what.

Last edited by Connector; 01-31-2013 at 08:24 PM.
01-31-2013, 08:06 PM
I think Unreal Engine 3 is the best mobile game engine. Some of the best Unreal Engine 3-powered games are: Wild Blood, Lili, Horn, Infinity Blade series, Real Boxing... (released); Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Morning Star, Bounty Arms, Eden to Greeeen, WeMade's 5 games, BWF's 3 games... (upcoming). The only problem is that you must own a powerful device to have the best experience.

Unity Engine is worse than Unreal Engine 3. However, it also generates some good games such as: Ravensword: Shadowlands, Dead Trigger series, Shadowgun series, Bladeslinger.

With Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, Havok Physics proves that it is also a good mobile game engine. And from what I know, Havok Vision and Frostbite Engine 2 are also coming to iOS. They are the real competitors of Unreal Engine 3.

However, I think the future mobile game engine is CryENGINE 3. Crytek has released a game called Fibble using this engine, which looks awesome. I think that the future versions of CryENGINE SDKs will support iOS. Therefore, we will see many great CryENGINE 3-powered iOS games in the near future!

For Unreal Engine 4, I don't think it is coming to current iDevices. It might not be the case for future iDevices, but we might have to wait for a very long time!

Last edited by clever_bug; 01-31-2013 at 08:10 PM.
01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Havok isn't a game engine; it's a physics engine.
01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
I think the most balanced engine is the unity. In Dead Trigger, for example, you can get graphics a bit better than infinity blade with the performance of Angry Birds.
01-31-2013, 11:01 PM
I quite like how smooth the unity engine is. A prime example of it looking great is in RAD soldiers.