Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 AM

This. Game. Is . So. Much. Fun......

Just had a 'wow/my god did I just do that' moment. Won't spoil it for anyone as discovering this game yourself is half the fun, but just burnt an item that reacted in a way I wasn't expecting.

It just gets better and better. It's creepy, atmospheric and disturbingly enjoyable burning everything. And finding the different combos of items to burn is great.

Update : oh my god. The Little Inferno instructional Video (unlocked in game) is awesome. Reminds me of the plasmid videos in Bioshock. Seriously creepy and unsettling!

Get this game if you've got a soul. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Prhaber; 01-31-2013 at 02:03 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I can't decide if this game is awesome or awful. I mean, it's awesome. But something terrible just happened. Omg.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I can't decide if this game is awesome or awful. I mean, it's awesome. But something terrible just happened. Omg.
Think i know what you're talking about. I can still hear the screams.....
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
If its anything like Flower or Journey, count me in.
I moderately enjoyed Flower for about 45 minutes, then absolutely hated the fact I'd just spent money on a game with zero replay value. Now the mere thought of it makes me feel ill.

Journey I like a little more as it lasted perhaps 3 hours and I enjoyed it more as I played, but still can't imagine myself going back anytime soon. That's my main issue with these types of games. I don't hate the product itself, just the part about them being one-time experiences. There are movies I'll re-watch in shorter timespans.

Speaking of movies, a quote from Lost In Translation sums up my problem pretty well: "Let's never come back here again, because it would never be as much fun".

I'm enjoying Little Inferno right now, but I can't be sure exactly how I'll rate it one week from now.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just finished off the first 20 combos. I can easily say this is the best $5 I've spent in a very long time and I'd go as far as saying everyone with an iPad should experience this experience.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlexShaw View Post
I see that this has Game Center integration. Does it have achievements?
I like to know this also before punching the buy button??
Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
I like to know this also before punching the buy button??
Yes it has achievements, for finding the combos and stuff
Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

It looks to me like this is 'the emperor in his new clothes walking down the street naked' glorying in his invisible magic gown. Until the little kid shouted out The Emperor's got no clothes on' no-one was game to tell the truth.

The sad thing is people will buy this and then, like the emperor try and justify to us just how wonderful it is when we can't see anything. The content and gameplay is invisible because there isn't any.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
It looks to me like this is 'the emperor in his new clothes walking down the street naked' glorying in his invisible magic gown. Until the little kid shouted out The Emperor's got no clothes on' no-one was game to tell the truth.

The sad thing is people will buy this and then, like the emperor try and justify to us just how wonderful it is when we can't see anything. The content and gameplay is invisible because there isn't any.
Gameplay is basic and minimal, but it could be argued there is more to do here than on Tetris. There's definitely content.

I just finished it a moment ago. All 99 combos, 999 bucks, 99 stamps, stars on every catalog. It took me just over five hours, which is about the length of a Call of Duty single player campaign for less than 1/10th the cost.

The sad thing is, rather than come up with logical criticism about the game, some people will throw around nonsensical analogies in a vague attempt to sound creative and intelligent.

I don't regret the purchase at its current price, but if I'd spent $10 or more on it I'd probably be thinking about all of the other games I could have bought with the same money.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post

I thought the same thing until I started playing. Gameplay in video games is about levels of interactivity, and this is one of the most interactive games I've played in a long time. You can set fire to the in-game instructions for heavens sake. And your own photos - and the reactions you get from different items are wonderful.

I also thought it looked like a bit of a technical demo until I started playing and then I got it - it's got a load of charm, atmosphere and quirkiness bult around a fire/burning engine that's far better than games like 'Burn the Rope'. There's a load of collectibles in the form of items to buy with in-game money (no iap here!) and a long list of combos to work out and discover, n a highy intersctive and enjoyable game - the gameplay may be off-the-wall and unique but its not invisible.

I really hope people give this game a chance because it's so worth it IMHO. And like the best of games is so much more than the sum of its parts. And if its 4-5 hours of play (which most people are saying) for a few pounds, I don't think anyone can complain...