Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quite fun when I first started out playing Plage. Then started to pay for the IAPs. Then lost interest.

There is an upcoming Zombie expansion, so I might take another look then.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaculatebastard View Post
Any date set for the necroa release?
I heard in a twitter post he said Feb
Edit:double post was a mistake and there is no exact date but he said in Feb

Last edited by Best75; 01-31-2013 at 06:40 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaculatebastard View Post
Any date set for the necroa release?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Either Plague or Reckless Getaway, but after reading about the zombie update, I'm especially interested in Plague Inc.

A few questions:
- How do disease types and difficulties differ/add to replay value?

- How much depth is there, regarding different strategies?

- Are playthroughs randomized, because why wouldn't a successful strategy work every time?

- What do the devs mean by "updated graphics" and "AI improvements? Things like better textures, more activity shown on the world map, etc.?
Each disease type provides several options on how you're going to play the game. For example; if you have a bacteria you're going to need to increase the symptoms to cause damage to the population, while choosing something such as a virus changes it up and rapidly mutates. This causes an issue because more developed countries are going to take notice of this and begin to create a cure earlier. You will in turn have to downgrade the severity of the disease.

Depth wise, I'd say there is a moderate amount. I know what I've used in the past that has led to success so mentally I end up executing similar strategies every time. It's interesting though because my coworkers all accomplish the same goals in different ways.

While it seems similar every play through feels a bit different to me. Not certain how others regard it though.

Honestly I'm not certain what they are referring too. Overall the game is worth the money. Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Great game

If you beat the first disease on normal/brutal then it unlocks the next disease for you. If you beat all original 7 diseases on brutal you get the worm add-in for free. If you beat the worm on brutal you get the cheats for free.

25 successful games (casual speed runs are quickest) gets you all the modified gene codes (MGCs). There is no need to buy IAPs but they are available.

Bacteria, fungus, prion and parasite have same basic strategy, hide until total infect then kill.

Virus randomly mutates and it costs DNA points to devolve so your likely going to get noticed before total infect, and need a strategy that copes with that.

Nano-virus the cure % starts going up immediately, you have to be quick to infect, kill and slow down the cure.

Bio weapon will just go lethal when it feels like it and get you noticed fast.

So two strategies (a) hide or (b) kill but not too quickly; with disease specific variances, made easier/harder by your choice of Genes.

Loads of achievements including infecting space and nuking Russia/China

Great game, well worth the money, lots of playability, can not wait for necroa

Last edited by Kayg0000; 02-01-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 AM

Default Great game, great dev, great forum

Just read through the entire thread. The contributers have done a great job feretting out the game mechanics and sharing their findings. Having seen some of the solutions summarised elsewhere, I was twitching as I watched you all diligently solving the criteria for nuking China.

Also, mega impressed this is the result of a sole developer who is very active in this forum. I hope you all realise how much he differs in that respect. The direct developer pipeline is a rare and wonderous thing.

Previously, 20 odd pages ago, someone suggested a plague from space - an asteroid I think. Suggest instead a military germ warfare research satellite ala Andromeda Strain.

One "bug" I found in Android version. If you go into any of the graphs from the world view and hit the Android Back button, not the one in the game, the world view is blank from then on unless you save, exit and restore.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Cheevy View Post
Just read through the entire thread. The contributers have done a great job feretting out the game mechanics and sharing their findings. Having seen some of the solutions summarised elsewhere, I was twitching as I watched you all diligently solving the criteria for nuking China.

Also, mega impressed this is the result of a sole developer who is very active in this forum. I hope you all realise how much he differs in that respect. The direct developer pipeline is a rare and wonderous thing.

Previously, 20 odd pages ago, someone suggested a plague from space - an asteroid I think. Suggest instead a military germ warfare research satellite ala Andromeda Strain.

One "bug" I found in Android version. If you go into any of the graphs from the world view and hit the Android Back button, not the one in the game, the world view is blank from then on unless you save, exit and restore.
I was the one who suggested the "space germ." And the "germ warfare" thing already exists in the form of the bio-weapon. Hell, one could even call the Neurax Worm a "space germ."

I just think it'd be a hell of a difficult thing to master if the asteroid had a lot of random variables working for it, such as:

Impact or lack thereof - most rocks from space never touch the ground, they explode in mid-air, which sends out a hell of a lot of particulate matter which would catch easily on the wind.

Size - depending on size, you get either a small or large initial amount of infectious material.

Where it lands - it should be entirely possible that the rock lands in the water as likely as it might be for it to hit on land. Conversely, if it lands on or over a city, people are going to start investigating immediately, so your big initial infection might not be a windfall.

Makeup of organism - like the Andromeda Strain, maybe the organism is something we've never seen before, a silicon-based crystalline 'thing' that's so completely off the wall that even if they do identify it, they couldn't do anything about it.

Response to infection - here's where things get interesting - in Andromeda Strain the only thing they could think of to contain the organism is nuking it. But what if you anticipate their last ditch efforts and make them work for you, like the nuke would have in the book/movie?

There are a ton of things possible with such a bug, and by making a lot of them chance-based and random, you end up making something that gives the game a lot of replayability, and not just for the sake of achievements.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best75 View Post
Yep - this is correct Can't give an exact date yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Cheevy View Post

Yep - people have done a great job finding all of the game secrets. I add quite a few more in the upcoming Mutation 5 - and have specifically not made them so random as requested by this forum!

Re the android bug - please email support so this can be noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by destruya View Post
There are a ton of things possible with such a bug, and by making a lot of them chance-based and random, you end up making something that gives the game a lot of replayability, and not just for the sake of achievements.
Its definitely a cool idea and on my list - we will see what happens in the future
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 AM

I'm hard-pressed to think of new diseases for you other than that one I suggested a while back that was a "language-based" disease (a la "Pontypool" - streamable on Netflix, by the way) that I could imagine would become a hell of a hard thing to code...plus you could just start it in the "Romance" languages and turn Central and South America into a charnel house.

...or maybe instead of just making a "Swine Flu" achievement, ratcheting up the difficulty and adding a sub-variant of the virus game where the initial goal is to find and combine your virus with another strain in the wild, *then* kill humanity.

Or, instead of bio-weaponry using the pretense of an escaped pathogen, add in a "Doomsday Cult" option where the difficulty you choose means you get more or less options at the beginning for which countries/regions you're going to infect (figure three for the easiest, and only one for brutal, preferably a low-security target), and give people the option of how they're going to mount their attacks.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default New diseases

Borg, resistance is (not) futile, turns humans into machines.

Triffids, turns humans into mobile plants

Sky net, the disease is AI, can it spread far enough and grow strong enough to take over the world.

One question for the group, sweating is the fix for Icure under standard disease, what is the fix in worm?

Last edited by Kayg0000; 02-08-2013 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: Added sky net