Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Awesome game so far! Really fun to play and not freemium!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Anyway, back to gameplay. Some further impressions.
The cut scenes at championship ends are really very funny. Not long cutscenes just excellent dabs of humour.
The environments as well are just so good to the point that you almost have to stop and have a look around when something interesting catches your eye.
Well, except for the fact some ice cream van is trying to kill you with rockets or pushing you off the table.
The difficulty is balanced very nicely. It's not easy to win but its not too difficult early on so you wont be put off by it. The level of challenge increases nicely as you go along.
It's extraordinarily addictive as well and is really bringing my competitiveness to the fore.
As for earning coins, extremely easy. No sense of iap pushing at all or any real need for it (except to support the developer because there is a lot of value for money here).

Last edited by Rip73; 01-31-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Getting this next week but sucks I gotta wait that long
Yes that does suck but at least you have a great game to look forward to. It is actually amazing on my iPhone 5
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 AM

Just bought and tried racing online with my iPad Mini - excellent so far - will be leaving a 5-star review, would love to see some tracks incorporate jumps and crossovers too.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

This is seriously amazing... Once I knew who was developing it, with all their years of experience making superb racing games, this was instabuy and I will be making IAP to support the game and dev.

Playing on my iPad 4th Gen, it is stunning to look at, fun to play too!
So long Need for Speed Most Wanted, you just got replaced as my go to iPad race game.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrofuture View Post
OMG, I'd kill to see the iPad 4 used to it's full advantage. The iPad3 was a complete mistake, the internal hardware was nowhere near powerful enough to make the most of the ridiculously large resolution. I always skip a generation when it comes to iDevices and will continue doing so, only buying the even numbers. iPad2 and the new 4th Gen have been the best hardware so far. If Apple updated their hardware every 2 years we would see larger improvements and there wouldn't be such a huge processing difference between the myriad of devices!
Say what? Nothing lags on my iPad 3. Devs tend to be pretty good at optimising their games for various devices. Smooth as buttah.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Can someone from the USA let me know what number on the store it is either in "Games>Racing" or paid apps. Thanks just mail a screengrab to contact@playrise.co.uk
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'd like to know how well this game plays on the iPad 3 as its my preferred choice of gaming device over my iPhone 5.

Anyone?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I think he means special FX wise and all the bells and whistles are better on 4th gen then the 3rd kinda like how it was for modern combat 4
Exactly, 3rd gen iPad was a huge mistake, the iPad 2 was fantastic as the chipset allowed devs to add ridiculous amounts of polish due to it's lower resolution. iPad 3 was rushed to the market as a quick and dirty cash in by Apple and there is no way that hardware can replicate the high end iPad 2 games with all the fancy flourishes at it's increased resolution. I know that this game is the same on the 3rd gen iPad as the 4th except for the bloom lighting but seriously if devs start coding and not taking advantage of the superior processor and meatier graphics chip in the 4th gen iPad for fear of alienating 3rd gen users then I will be pissed.

3rd gen iPad was too little too soon and Apple know it!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSpoken View Post
I'd like to know how well this game plays on the iPad 3 as its my preferred choice of gaming device over my iPhone 5.

Anyone?
It's smooth as butter on everything. 60 hz across the full iPad range. It can't run any better.
It's missing some bloom lighting effects on the iPad 3 but that's it.
It was even said by an earlier poster that's its very smooth on a 3GS despite the fact an update is coming to optimise it better for that particular device.
So iPad 3 should have no problem.