★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dont just play a legend. Create your own.

With companion by your side and blade in your hand, control your hero and embark on an epic journey across magical continents of labyrinths, mystical forests and the fiery depths of Hell. Select one of three loyal allies with unique abilities to aid your quest, and combine skills and strategy to dominate the enemy with distinctive experiences and outcomes.

Enter dungeons in underground cities and wage war against ferocious monsters. Fight dragons. Tame dragons. Ride them.

Prove your might against these creatures, then control them as your own. Swoop onto the battlefield on the back of a fire-breathing beast. Harness the power of the elements as you call flame, wind, lightning and ice on your enemies. Slash them with your tail as a sword, and make them feel the power of your claws.

Defeat enemies in the swipe of a single finger using intuitive controls for high-scoring combos, and craft your own weapons and divine armour with rare and beautiful equipment scattered throughout the gameworld.

Are you prepared to become the hero you were destined to be? Write the script to your own legend. The Sword of Inferno is born.

Master your craft: Collect ancient instructions from defeated foes to construct weapons and magical equipment.
Get straight into the action: perform complex combos with the Auto-Attack feature specifically designed for touch-screens.
Ride and command mighty dragons to bring new terror to your enemies.
Choose from four unique characters with physical and magical skills. Prepare your strategy before battle and equip your team for victory.
Dozens of spells with multiple combinations.
Watch your screen come alive with awesome graphical effects.
Use your talents wisely: Level up and assign your talent points the way you see fit. Create the warrior the YOU want.

Requires: Compatible with iPhone4, iPhone4S,iPhone5,iPad2,iPad3,iPad4,iPad mini This app is optimized for iPhone5. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.

syntheticvoid's comments:

01-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Nice find Syn (this week has been so slow),Is this any good?

01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Nice find Syn (this week has been so slow),Is this any good?
No clue... I have it downloading and I'll get into it ASAP. =o)
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
From the makers of avenger. So I'm guessing meh.
01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
K... right off the bat - you do NOT have to be online in order to play

The dialogue scenes scroll pretty quickly, so it's kind of hard to follow along with the story. At least for me... =o/

The translation isn't that bad. There are some grammatical errors here and there, but there's no word wrapping from line to line or screen to screen. If you read the description, you'll get an idea of what the translation is like.

There's a floating joystick on the left side of the screen, and you attack automatically whenever you're in reach of an enemy - yup, no button mashing at all :: you basically just move your character around and watch him attack - and there are 4 slots on the bottom of the screen for special moves.

It does move pretty slow. I'm not sure if it's the framerate, or just the way the game is meant to be played - there's a whole 3 or 4 frames for attack animations in the air - but they're better when on the ground... and the hit/connect animations/explosions don't seem to stutter or anything, so I'm thinking it's just the way they wanted the game to look - which I really don't get.

Right now, I'm in the first 'dungeon' - and entering dungeons costs some sort of points (nothing that you have to pay for...) - but you have a gauge that goes upto 100 and it costs 10 points to enter a dungeon area, and the gauge is recharged every hour.

There are two types of currencies - coins and diamonds - but I haven't been able to get into the shop yet to see what all you can buy with what. You can upgrade your equipment, and more equipment is unlocked after you reach certain points in the game - so I'm not even sure that there is an equipment shop. You can purchase potions with coins - but they're pretty expensive.

Skills can only be purchased with diamonds - but I don't know how quickly you can earn them yet.

Right now - it all sounds like something you guys might want to stay away from - but I will definitely keep playing, and if all of that changes, I will be sure and let you all know.
01-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Hmm... Does look interesting, and I am one of those who did like Avenger, i thought that was a decent clone to quench my Castlevania thirst, but i never got to finish it.

I think i'll just fire up Avenger again and wait for more info from you SV. Thanks for the initial imps.

If i get bored i can just muscle it and buy this as it's just a buck anyway.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Graphic is OK.
The problem is, things are way too expensive. You have to play the same stage again and again to afford those stuff if you don't want to waste money on IAP.
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Yes, I managed to find a video on youtube. Just googled it.
The fighting animations are not very smooth. They just don't use
enough frames for the animation.

I'll pass.
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
don't think this is the game for me, but i do appreciate the detail of some of the protagonists' bodyparts

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
02-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer added...

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-01-2013 at 01:13 PM.