Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi Forum Buddies,

No one put their hand up for Templum stater set ..... I'll keep for another 12 hours then sell them ... Need the space ......

Have glittering gem set to give away also .... I'll keep for 24 hours ....

I will need help with this week's set as I'm only level 28.... So can't breed quiltas .....

I really understand what lisianne was saying a few pages back ... People on lower levels get totally road blocked by advanced level sets ... I enjoyed back breeding old sets and still have many (12 months worth ) of sets to go .... But first have to get past the new higher level sets ....
thanks to everyone for recent frog gifts ... I really appreciate every frog received ... I will get back to keeping track and sending out gifts in the next week or two ...

XXX
Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Thanks to dean and Dean Keith for the multiple frog gifts since I last posted.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I know there are a lot of these guys going around right now, but...

I've got a set of glittering gems courtesey of Ella that I'd like to pass on and not sell. I'm a ways from level 28 and I'm hoping someone else can use them!

I'd been looking at the unfilled happy 2013 set on my menu screen for a bit and reading about all the set trading here and thinking I might want to try that. Then Ella sent me the gems!

Ok, I get it now.

Please let me know if you want them.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisianne View Post
HINT for Forum Newbies: even if someone says "nothing needed in return," not sending anything, ever, as awboj pointed out, sends a very different message.
Slight clarification to my own post. "Nothing needed in return," as it applies to this forum, I think, doesn't mean don't pay it forward in some way. Someone wrote me a while ago about protocol here (do we have a protocol?). I replied that staying & contributing to the forum, not simply accepting a gift freely given & then splitting, was enough for some people. Others were seeking trading partners, no matter what their level. Individual generosity & overall collaboration are what make this forum tick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes41 View Post
I doubt if I will try the new game. This is not unusual, since PF is my only game from this company. PF consumes the majority of my game time.
Majority of your "game time" or your "free time," Mal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsinmypocket View Post
I also doubt I'll try the new game for one I don't have time for anymore games and I'm not sure it's my style of game anyway.

Ella
NB, hoist by its own petard -- PFers are so busy playing PF that they have no time for other games NB creates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstar View Post
Well I don't have any quiltas In my habitats but luckily I had a pulvillus in my mailbox so I pulled it out a few hours early and raced it for a quilta.
What an incredibly clever idea, dlstar! Not sure I ever would have thought of that in 10,000 frog years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXBR View Post
I really understand what lisianne was saying a few pages back ... People on lower levels get totally road blocked by advanced level sets ...
Well, my "don't throw me in the briar patch" suggestion was a total dud. Now we have a set with level 31 frogs with one semi-duplication (two prunis)which will shut out another huge group of players who enjoyed sets.

I fully expected NB to ease back on the throttle after the Glittering Gems Set (level 28) but such was not the case. Glad I didn't bet any coins on it! All that's left is a level 32 set with all totally different, non-inter-breedable frogs.

Dom, I have begun this set already & will do it myself. Save your sets, if you breed many, for others here in need. It'll take me a while to finish since I'm stingy with potions but I can immediately offer one Violet Caelus Quilta for breeding two of the Quiltas to another person who is capable of breeding at that level. The person doesn't need to be my friend, yet, but does have to have contributed to this forum by offering frogs or sets to others.

Final thought about presenting a level 31 set when people enjoy this feature & many are trying to complete past sets; it's like taking a feature away, tantamount to having racing as a feature & having that taken away.

Sorry if I give the impression of being grumpy & disheartened by NB's set choices but I AM grumpy & disheartened.

p.s.: Thanks to Andi for the Scutulata.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Level 31

Quote:
Majority of your "game time" or your "free time," Mal?
If you asked my wife that question, she would say they are one and the same! Even my 6 year old granddaughter says I'm always playing PF. By the way, my yougest daughter suggested PF would be a good game for my granddaughter to play on my iPod Touch. I helped her out until she found something else to play (and got her own iPod), then moved the game to my iPad (I was hooked because of the larger display). Then I got stuck looking for a Signum, Domenic15 saw my plea on another site and directed me here... And the rest is history! So the answer to your original question is that PF takes up the majority of my game time. I also play 'Bejeweled', 'Spider Solitare' and 'Words with Friends' while I wait for eggs to hatch and tadpoles to mature. I enjoy reading and have to abandon the pond occasionally so that I can maintain a balance. My current plan is to reach level 32, dex 100% of the blues for the V2 breeds, and then hibernate again - as I did once the V1 blues were done. (More info than you wanted, right).

I enjoy reading your posts and share your frustration with some of NB's actions. As a follow up to a previous exchange regarding the loss of 'new' on gifts received, I now accept all gifts (unless a V1 blue) and use the stamps I've been hoarding to keep my mailbox relatively clear.

I reached level 31 just a short while ago so I am able to breed this week's set as well. But it is going to take a while. Maybe I'll even catalog/clone a set to help the 'super-gifters' a little. But my friends list is very short and primarily includes those same 'super-gifters' - no need for names, you know who you are! Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Take care.
Mal
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi all,
I don't contribute much here on the forum, but I can see your points and disappointments when being or feeling like being used.

I really enjoy breeding sets and usually breed a number of sets and pass them on to friends and neighbors. Whether they want them or not. Therefore it is a bit disappointing to get another set that is unachievable. Or at least unbreedable for me. I do have a Quilta though, if anyone wants/needs a contribution.

If anybody feels like passing on this week's set to me, I will gladly pass it on to someone else in need and hopefully I'll be able to breed sets again soon.

Have a nice evening.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thank you, malbarnes, for the Pictoris! Looking at your habitats, I think you have all the breeds I've got and more, but I'll send a frog and hope you need the colour.

I have the Tesla Coil set ready to go, if anyone wants it!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 PM
iPad 2

Oy, it's been a bad week in real life, but I wanted to get back on here and offer up the lovely set of Gemmas that were shared with me if anyone is still in need (or even just wants them)! I've got a couple open habitats, so I'll hold on to them for a while if anyone comes up needing a Gemma, just let me know. I'm going to be on the road for a week or so, so I won't be in the thread much, so please send me a PM and I'll pass them on.

I'm sure everyone under the sun is looking for Quiltas, so I'll throw my begging hat into the ring. I'm only level 27, so I can't breed these buggers yet, but putting one in the Dex would be helpful so I can come back and breed them when I get leveled up!

GameCenter ID: Tryclyde
Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Well, my "don't throw me in the briar patch" suggestion was a total dud. Now we have a set with level 31 frogs with one semi-duplication (two prunis)which will shut out another huge group of players who enjoyed sets.

I fully expected NB to ease back on the throttle after the Glittering Gems Set (level 28) but such was not the case. Glad I didn't bet any coins on it! All that's left is a level 32 set with all totally different, non-inter-breedable frogs.
Lisi, the last thing I want to do is throw you in the briar patch. I just remembered you saw this coming before high level sets were released at a point at which I didn't think about it because it hadn't affected me personally ... Which makes you less selfish than me ....

More thoughts on the briar patch theme:
Brer Rabbit was caught by his enemy, fox. Whilst fox was contemplating what to do with rabbit, rabbit pleads "please dont throw me in the briar patch" Fox throws rabbit in, rabbit smiles and says "I was born and bred here" and thus outwits fox.

XXX

Last edited by XXXBR; 01-31-2013 at 04:46 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
iPad

Yes, it is that time of week. Taking orders for this week's set. I do understand that many may need mor than just a starter so when ordering, please let me know how you would like your order done. Rare---starter set or well done ---full set. They will be ready some time tomorrow.