Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
iPhone 4S

If you played mc4 on newest devices, it's a joke how apple gaming has become
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
Touch screen controls actually makes graphics lower. If iPad 4 actually had a physical buttons, they could bring better looking games but yeah. Apple gaming is way too expensive. Gave it up on it after mc4 since it runs like shit unless you have iPhone 5 or iPad 4
How would touch controls "actually make graphics lower"?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
How would touch controls "actually make graphics lower"?
To make it short: touch screen requires lots of optimization. More complex the control gets, more power it requires for the device.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
To make it short: touch screen requires lots of optimization. More complex the control gets, more power it requires for the device.
With todays devices I'm quite sure the processing power required to controll a touchscreen really won't have that big of an impact on the devices performance.

Also, I kind of feel like buying something, preferrably somethign on the Vita for up to 20 euros. I was thinking about getting Unit 13 (costs 20 euros) or Oddworld (13 euros), any recommendations?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Uhhh...no.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
With todays devices I'm quite sure the processing power required to controll a touchscreen really won't have that big of an impact on the devices performance.

Also, I kind of feel like buying something, preferrably somethign on the Vita for up to 20 euros. I was thinking about getting Unit 13 (costs 20 euros) or Oddworld (13 euros), any recommendations?
It's all depends on your personal taste. If you like online co-op shooter by that. Or if you want kind of adventure fps, go with odd world
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Uhhh...no.
Well then I was completly wrong and graphics can't get any far better right?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I don't think the iPad 4 will reach the same level the Vita might. A few reasons-
1. It has to compensate for its resolution with more power, and the Vita has a significantly lower resolution, and isn't much weaker (stronger in some areas).
2. Developers will have a lot of time to optimize games for the Vita in order to achieve great results, but with the iPad, developers only really have a year until the new one comes out, so we likely won't see the full potential of the iPad 4.
3. Budget is also an issue- the bigger the budget an iOS game has, the more risky, and less likely it is to make any money back (which is true of any game on any platform, but iOS is more risky, as the market is pretty much dominated by a handful of developers/publishers with random breakout hits, and pricing is low for the average game).
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Well we'll see how killzone's multiplayer compares to MC4's.

I disagree with a few of your points but some, especially the budget one, are valid.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
iPhone 4S

1. Sure I agree with that statement
2. Nope minor vita titles are doesn't have much times to optimize and shits.
iOS devices uses same coding and everything. Only differences is the chips inside. They don't change the programming or anything else around. It's like a pc. So they are using full potential (obviously not 100% but alot). Because iOS devices gets really hot when you play so-called-high graphic games on them.
3. No... Not at all. To publish app you need like $100 contract and that's it. Lets say about Gameloft's game. They spend lots of money into development. And takes their time. But they are greedy. Devs see iOS games as quick cash. For ex: gearbox who put cheap borderland game on AppStore. Budget is not an issue at all when it comes to big company like Gameloft, rock star, ea, epic. It's them thinking "oh, we think this looks good enough. So lets not waste any money from this point and put this on AppStore and make quick cash"
And literally most games on iOS have this iap BS. Sure people say its not a big deal doesn't harm the gameplay, well I find more than half of time it does.