App description: Welcome to the world of Utopia where YOU create the city and the residents.

"Pixel People takes an apocalyptic future and makes it hopeful, cheerful and brightif it's where freemium games are headed, we have a lot to look forward to." Touch Arcade, 5/5

"Pixel People is an excellent and addictive mash-up of town building and element combining. Download it!" IGN, 9.0/10

"Seriously good" Computer & Videogames, 8/10

"It's got charm in spades, depth of play and an awful lot of content to keep your fingers busy for a long time to come." Modojo, 4.5/5

"Simple, elegant and endlessly entertaining" Kotaku

"The game strikes a great balance between accessibility, with its loveable pixelated population, familiarity, and innovation..." EDGE

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

Greet new clones to Utopia at the arrival centre, then find them a place in your new world. Splice genes of residents and combine their skills to discover new Pixel People to join your thriving city.

VARIETY IS THE SPLICE OF LIFE
Combine the properties of Utopia residents to create 400 new occupants, each one suited to a special role in your new society. You can create Athlete Stanley Cupp, Judge Judy Schuss, or even Buccaneer Yoho Howe!

MONEY MONEY MONEY
Each new job you create for a Utopian resident puts money in the bank, and the more residents you place in each building, the more money you make! Use your cash to build more residences, places of work, and to expand your land. Collect or buy Utopium to speed up building processes and reveal secret recipes for creating exotic residents.

LOTS TO DO
As your population grows, love can blossom in Utopia too, and you can earn a sweet bonus for every 11 love hearts you collect. Bonuses could be coins, Utopium, or even a wild animal to wander your world?

EASTER EGG
Discover all the secrets of Utopia with Pixel people's delightful hidden secrets unlock certain buildings for enchanting surprises!

Key Features:
Create 400 different Pixel People
Find hidden animals through secret combinations and bonuses
Find secret bonuses and minigames inside your buildings
Distinct pixelated art style
Share your newly created Pixel People on Facebook
Move and customize your Pixel Utopia however you wish

Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply). Contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Sanuku's comments:

02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I got mover and shaker for moving a building.
Ahhhh my GC has not updated itself opps sorry

GameCenter ID: Hellscaretaker Come on i love to give you a Race

Gameloft ID: Zincwarcaft (any one for game of zombiewood)
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
This thing eats batteries line no-one's business, they really need prioritize fixing that in the first update,

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix

02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ed209 View Post

I did give this app several hours of my time before coming to this conclusion, by the way. I'm not a knee-jerk Freemium hater. Those that do Freemium 'right' in my opinion are those that make a proper game, not this thinly-veiled dual-currency crap, and then lock parts of it away behind a paywall - enjoying the free game? Pay to unlock the rest of it.
Granted there a lot of Freemium games that do lock the good stuff behind, and then there a lot of Freemium games that dont.

I like a Freemium games why you ask?

most Freemium games are like shareware (if you old enough you know where im coming from) you download it for free try it out and if you like it you throw some money to the developer if you dont then you can simply delete it.

GameCenter ID: Hellscaretaker Come on i love to give you a Race

Gameloft ID: Zincwarcaft (any one for game of zombiewood)
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ed209 View Post
Is there any strategy to city planning? Seems like one just dumps stuff where one can or where it looks nice. That's... dull.

And this 'splicing' thing. That's not a challenge either, you literally tell us what can be spliced, and ultimately all you're doing is trying every single combination till you get something. That's also pretty dull.

As for city planning - maybe it would be cooler to have bonuses if certain businesses were alongside each other, but if not, it's ok how it is.

Splicing? You can blindly follow the prompts or you can think about the job openings you need and what combinations might make those jobs. They really are creative if you take the time to think. Frankly I wondered if some of the job creations were TOO unique and how many people would miss the very clever puns!

The game and the strategy is completely up to you. You can just play for play's sake, or you can be as involved as you want. If you don't feel up to the challenge of it, then maybe the game isn't for you.
02-01-2013, 09:09 AM
What can you do with the animals you collect?
02-01-2013, 09:12 AM
In TA's review it talks about secrets. Where are those? I have not found any...
02-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Another thing I'd like to see updated is that the rewards for filling up hearts increases depending on your current level. Right now you get the same rewards the whole way through.
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTrumper View Post
I nominate the City Square, Production Multiplier 8 and 6 people (but takes up 4 land).

I am at 3 / 6 filled and delivering 48 Coins Per Second.

Is there a better building available in terms of making money?
I haven't filled it to capacity yet, but it looks like the Tavern is the best money maker. The City Square has a multiplier of 8, but all the employees make around 1-2 CPS and the building takes up 4 spaces of land. The Tavern only has a multiplier of 3, but all the employees make around 2-3 CPS and the building only takes up 1 space of land. Also the Tavern only requires 5 workers to get the bank bonus.
02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
What's the tech support splicing makeup?
We at the Utopian Trade Agency request to know this piece of knowledge.
All splicing makeups are listed here http://m.ign.com/wikis/pixel-people/Professions

The one that you need to make to get the Tech Support building is Programmer
02-01-2013, 10:00 AM
My suggest:

Battery optimisation
Possibility to rotate stuff ( house, building, decor , map ect )
Multiplayer ( Possibility to add friend and visit their own planet , why not free gift )
Add IPhone/touch/pad music option

and That's all that come to my mind.

Great game btw !