★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
You can't!
That's probably the only negative thing on this game for me!
Serious? I hope they patch that up because I want to put some starting people in the newer houses for obvious reasons.
02-01-2013, 07:49 AM
My city is gone.

I got 41 people and some animals, then I tried to place a building today and bam...only a blue screen with stars on it. I can't see my city and I can't jump to the center - nothing happens. My city has to be somewhere because the money is still counting up. Anyone got the same problem?

02-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
So i wonder then what is Mover and Shaker is Achievement is cant be move building as i got the one already????

Only hint it gives "preform an act of relocation"
I got mover and shaker for moving a building.
02-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Just bought the double timer to support you and because its usefull. Hope at the endgame will not be a paywall
02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
City Square - Best money making building?

I nominate the City Square, Production Multiplier 8 and 6 people (but takes up 4 land).

I am at 3 / 6 filled and delivering 48 Coins Per Second.

Is there a better building available in terms of making money?
02-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I really hope that there is an update that will allow you to rotate the world 360 degrees. I am starting to build behind things and cannot see where I have empty spots. I also wish there was a way to rotate buildings to fit in spots differently.

Those are my only two major gripes at this point. Otherwise Pixel People is a fantastic game!
02-01-2013, 08:38 AM
I guess my request would be "put some actual depth into your 'gameplay' because at the moment there's barely any gameplay whatsoever'.

Is there any strategy to city planning? Seems like one just dumps stuff where one can or where it looks nice. That's... dull.

And this 'splicing' thing. That's not a challenge either, you literally tell us what can be spliced, and ultimately all you're doing is trying every single combination till you get something. That's also pretty dull.

I just don't get it. What is the actual 'game' here? I mean we can all tap and splice and place houses till the cows come home, it's all very charming to look at and... well that's about it. Anyone could do it. It's not a game, it's a way to kill time while looking at nice artwork. I haven't achieved anything that nobody else has achieved. I haven't overcome anything really. I've just tapped a lot. And waited some.

Freemium cannot die soon enough. Unbelievable that devs waste their lives now just working out how to insert systems into their app that will annoy enough people into giving them money, rather than spending that time just developing pure gameplay. Hateful, hateful way to make a 'game'.

I did give this app several hours of my time before coming to this conclusion, by the way. I'm not a knee-jerk Freemium hater. Those that do Freemium 'right' in my opinion are those that make a proper game, not this thinly-veiled dual-currency crap, and then lock parts of it away behind a paywall - enjoying the free game? Pay to unlock the rest of it.
02-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ed209 View Post
I guess my request would be "put some actual depth into your 'gameplay' because at the moment there's barely any gameplay whatsoever'.

Is there any strategy to city planning? Seems like one just dumps stuff where one can or where it looks nice. That's... dull.

And this 'splicing' thing. That's not a challenge either, you literally tell us what can be spliced, and ultimately all you're doing is trying every single combination till you get something. That's also pretty dull.

I just don't get it. What is the actual 'game' here? I mean we can all tap and splice and place houses till the cows come home, it's all very charming to look at and... well that's about it. Anyone could do it. It's not a game, it's a way to kill time while looking at nice artwork. I haven't achieved anything that nobody else has achieved. I haven't overcome anything really. I've just tapped a lot. And waited some.

Freemium cannot die soon enough. Unbelievable that devs waste their lives now just working out how to insert systems into their app that will annoy enough people into giving them money, rather than spending that time just developing pure gameplay. Hateful, hateful way to make a 'game'.

I did give this app several hours of my time before coming to this conclusion, by the way. I'm not a knee-jerk Freemium hater. Those that do Freemium 'right' in my opinion are those that make a proper game, not this thinly-veiled dual-currency crap, and then lock parts of it away behind a paywall - enjoying the free game? Pay to unlock the rest of it.
Killjoy.

Explain to us again how you hate this free game that nobody forced you to download.
02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I got mover and shaker for moving a building.
Ahhhh my GC has not updated itself opps sorry

GameCenter ID: Hellscaretaker Come on i love to give you a Race

Gameloft ID: Zincwarcaft (any one for game of zombiewood)
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
This thing eats batteries line no-one's business, they really need prioritize fixing that in the first update,

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins