Coke 50 75.76%
Pepsi 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
Haha, don't worry I'm not here to get involved in serious debate I don't even live in the US so this doesn't affect me, but would just like to see less shootings and such.

I just have two more questions: Why do you need guns? What do you use them for?
Your two questions are almost identical; the answer to one is the answer to both.

Keep in mind, we don't even need a reason to own a gun. Bearing arms is a right that is ensured by our country's constitution, and it cannot be taken away unless an amendment to said document is passed.

What are guns used for? Well, first of all, target shooting is an Olympic sport, both the handgun and rifle variety. Both casual plinking at cans or serious target shooting is a lot of fun Second, many Americans are avid hunters. You need a gun (or bow) for that sport. Third, a firearm is the best way to defend yourself and your home in the event of a home invasion. The police are just minutes away when seconds count.

May I ask in what country you live in? I'm guessing in the European continent?

The difference in attitudes towards guns there is just night and day.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Exactly.

For the record, I have several guns for all three mentioned reasons. And a bow for that matter though I never use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The difference in attitudes towards guns there is just night and day.
it really is...
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
May I ask in what country you live in?
I live in Australia, where guns are banned.

If you were to ask why, we will just mention the Port Arthur Massacre, where 35 people were killed in 1996. As a result, guns laws were heavily tightened and restricted. So I hope you'll forgive me for questioning the need for guns after all these shootings in the US.

Banning guns in the US, is probably like being able to bear arms over here, it'll never happen.

Last edited by KennyK; 02-09-2013 at 12:27 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

If you love holding guns so much, then why dont you just tighten the requierments to buy one? You get a gun if you really need one, but it may keep lunatics out. Like have some aligibility testsbefore allowing him to hold a gun.

And don't tell me that I dont know wht I'm talking about as a European. We've had 3 school shootings in the 2000's and plenty of other shooting situations. The amount of shootings for our small population is big. Oh and i'm talking about Finland not Europe as a whole
Old 02-09-2013, 03:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
If you love holding guns so much, then why dont you just tighten the requierments to buy one? You get a gun if you really need one, but it may keep lunatics out. Like have some aligibility testsbefore allowing him to hold a gun.

And don't tell me that I dont know wht I'm talking about as a European. We've had 3 school shootings in the 2000's and plenty of other shooting situations. The amount of shootings for our small population is big. Oh and i'm talking about Finland not Europe as a whole
Nobody said you didn't know what you were taking about. I just said that the culture and attitude towards guns is very different, so you will have a hard time knowing where we are coming from and vice versa.

You already have to get a FOID card here to get a gun. Unless you buy privately then there is some form of registration.

Plus the whole debate here is not about banning guns. It's about an assault weapons ban, large capacity clip ban, and more better background checks for the mentally unstable.

Last edited by JBRUU; 02-09-2013 at 03:40 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

But I didnt mention banning in my post at all. Actually my point was exactly what you said the debate was about.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Plus the whole debate here is not about banning guns. It's about an assault weapons ban, large capacity clip ban, and more better background checks for the mentally unstable.
Do not get me started.

Lets ban the scary looking guns, and keep the lethal ones!!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

There are so many "college edition" Harlem Shake videos being posted these days. Guess trap music is catching on.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I don't get this Harlem Shake thing...what is it and why is everyone so interested about it?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

http://m.kotaku.com/5983802/man-arre...ium=Socialflow

Closed Thread