Support our Sponsors:

Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic15 View Post
Please send me a friend's request and I can get a set out to you.
Thank you so much! Assuming your username on here is also your GameCenter ID, you should have a friends request now. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'll have 2 Quilta sets ready tonight and I'll make more to help peoples here. Let me know and make sure we are friends and I'll send them as soon as ready.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyMcfrog View Post
If I had seen those when I was at the lower levels, I might have given up on completing weekly sets. Hopefully the devs will come to their senses and throttle back the crazy-high level frogs in the weekly sets.
I gave up on the Weekly Sets when the first set I saw had frogs I didn't have, wasn't at a level to have. Figured it wasn't a feature I'd ever use for the longest time.

As for "throttling back," it almost makes no difference now. The level 31 bar is Set too high; it's a wall of elimination that no one can work around. Truly, this was one feature that NB should have addressed in the update. If they had, I wouldn't be chronically grumpy, a dyspeptic broken record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes41 View Post
My friends list is very short and yours is at the opposite extreme.
Opposite extreme? Not so sure about that. Equating lots of posts with lots of trading partners can be deceiving especially when one is evaluating a non-'dexing, casual gamer in a gamer's forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplie View Post
I don't think it has been said but the fact that it is a 8 different frogs also mean that when you share the set, it cost you 8 stamps on the 35 you just got. I don't mind because I have plenty but for those who have less, this is a bummer. We really at least should have received more stamps for this set...
Though I don't think anyone put it exactly that way, meplie, I did point out earlier that the Gemmas in the previous set garnered about the same number of stamps & potions as the Quiltas in this set which are much more difficult & expensive to breed. Whether one's Achilles Heel is stamps, potions, or coins, any one of those factors might be enough to discourage someone from sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
I'm going to be the minority here and say that I like the higher level sets every once in a while even though I am not a big fan of eight different frogs. This is what brings new people to the thread and hopefully they will stay. Plus it gives Domenic something to do
At level 67, I definitely understand your desire for more of a challenge. Really, I do. And yes, it does bring people to this forum, no argument. How many stay & participate is another story altogether. At half your level (just hit 34 this morning), I'm more in tune with the casual, lower level player & I'm thinking way lower than me, BTW.

There is no right or wrong here, dean; I see your point of view but I experience mine almost viscerally. I'm much more vocal perhaps because I abhor unfairness & NB, though unintentionally I believe, introduced the method of doing past sets into the game early on & never revisited/revised it. The Gemma Set & now the Quilta Set are like rubbing salt in an open wound.

One thing we definitely agree on, however, it keeps Dom off the streets & out of trouble!

p.s.: Thanks & more thanks to Martin for the Foramen, awboj for the Fractus, & Snappy for the Figularis.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Quilting

I look at the recent sets like Quilting as something new and exciting after going sooooo long without any new frogs! I would have liked to have seen the new frogs issued in groups instead of all at once raising the rarity level to 32 , but I'm happy to have the new group.

I hope players who are not at level 31 use sets like Quilting as motivation to reach a point where they are able to complete any of the weekly sets and not be discouraged to the point of not playing Pocket Frogs!

Whether you're at level 31 or not, there are helpful and generous players here on the forum! Thanks to DeanKeith for the Blue Tingo Quilta which was one of the frogs I used to get the Quilting set done. The other was a Maroon Bruna also sent as a gift but I'm not sure who sent it ? I have 2 Quilting sets right now which I'll be sending to other players and I'll make a couple more for anyone who may need a set.

Have a good weekend Everyone!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default QUILTA for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianharuka View Post
I would appreciate a Quilta, please. Just a single frog is fine; I can breed for the colours. Thank you!
Hi,

I'm sending you a Blue Pruni QUILTA. It can be used for both the Violet Pruni and Tangelo Pruni frogs in the set. If you don't need it maybe you'll consider passing it on.

Take care.
Mal
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisianne View Post
Opposite extreme? Not so sure about that. Equating lots of posts with lots of trading partners can be deceiving especially when one is evaluating a non-'dexing, casual gamer in a gamer's forum.
I misinterpreted your earlier comments regarding managing your friends list to mean that it was too large and needed to be culled. And I didn't want to add to your workload. But if you wouldn't mind an additional (low-maintenance) neighbor...

Take care.
Mal
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic15 View Post
Yes, it is that time of week. Taking orders for this week's set. I do understand that many may need mor than just a starter so when ordering, please let me know how you would like your order done. Rare---starter set or well done ---full set. They will be ready some time tomorrow.
I'd like a rare one, please. TYIA.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes41 View Post
Hi,

I'm sending you a Blue Pruni QUILTA. It can be used for both the Violet Pruni and Tangelo Pruni frogs in the set. If you don't need it maybe you'll consider passing it on.

Take care.
Mal
Thank you! I'll breed it and then pass it on. Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplie View Post
I'll have 2 Quilta sets ready tonight and I'll make more to help peoples here. Let me know and make sure we are friends and I'll send them as soon as ready.
Hi Meplie,

I'll put my hand up for one of the sets ...... I'm level 28 so can't breed.... No rush .... Let me know what you are working on currently so I can return the favour in a way that's beneficial to you

XXX

Last edited by XXXBR; 02-01-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
I'm going to be the minority here and say that I like the higher level sets every once in a while even though I am not a big fan of eight different frogs. This is what brings new people to the thread and hopefully they will stay. Plus it gives Domenic something to do

On another note, I did make the 30,000 by the end of January. A BIG thank you to everyone that has sent me frogs. I love to start a new breed and see that I already have alot done and a thank you to Domenic for keeping me current with the sets.
I am obviously minority too, because I like to see the new frogs in sets. Plus I would like to see a new batch of awards with the new frogs also. All NB have to do is give us the ability to 'skip to the next set' or something, so if you encounter one you can't do you can just get another one.

Can't wait until you hit 100%, sometime next week I expect.