Support our Sponsors:

Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaRich View Post
I hope players who are not at level 31 use sets like Quilting as motivation to reach a point where they are able to complete any of the weekly sets and not be discouraged to the point of not playing
That's how it works for me .... I have been breeding and breeding with the goal of getting to level 32 so I can do all sets (favourite aspect of the game and having them gifted although appreciated is not quite the same as the satisfaction of breeding them) ....

XXX
Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXBR View Post
Hi Meplie,

I'll put my hand up for one of the sets ...... I'm level 28 so can't breed.... No rush .... Let me know what you are working on currently so I can return the favour in a way that's beneficial to you

XXX
I only need to tame them so will send them a bit later. I don't need anything in return but any frog is appreciated
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anso View Post
Thank you so much! Assuming your username on here is also your GameCenter ID, you should have a friends request now. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
What is your GC ID?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirtew View Post
I'd like a rare one, please. TYIA.
On the way!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean288367 View Post
I'm going to be the minority here and say that I like the higher level sets every once in a while even though I am not a big fan of eight different frogs. This is what brings new people to the thread and hopefully they will stay. Plus it gives Domenic something to do

On another note, I did make the 30,000 by the end of January. A BIG thank you to everyone that has sent me frogs. I love to start a new breed and see that I already have alot done and a thank you to Domenic for keeping me current with the sets.
Congrats, you move too fast for me. I am sending you a set just because...
Old 02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lermshell View Post
I would love a well done, also too low to breed this week.
On the way!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaRich View Post
I look at the recent sets like Quilting as something new and exciting after going sooooo long without any new frogs! I would have liked to have seen the new frogs issued in groups instead of all at once raising the rarity level to 32 , but I'm happy to have the new group.

I hope players who are not at level 31 use sets like Quilting as motivation to reach a point where they are able to complete any of the weekly sets and not be discouraged to the point of not playing Pocket Frogs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awboj View Post
I am obviously minority too, because I like to see the new frogs in sets. Plus I would like to see a new batch of awards with the new frogs also. All NB have to do is give us the ability to 'skip to the next set' or something, so if you encounter one you can't do you can just get another one.

Can't wait until you hit 100%, sometime next week I expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXBR View Post
That's how it works for me .... I have been breeding and breeding with the goal of getting to level 32 so I can do all sets (favourite aspect of the game and having them gifted although appreciated is not quite the same as the satisfaction of breeding them) ....

XXX
OK, OK. Message received. Proof positive to me that I am & have always been the true outlier in this group. Then again, I've forever felt like a stranger in a strange land, surrounded by people who dreamed of reaching the promised land of 100% of the 'dex. I use no strategy, have no goal, &, if I were at level 16, say, I'd totally give up on doing Weekly Sets ever again. Maybe even on the game. Simply not worth it. Somehow, I think I'm defining a non-gamer. Maybe I should pick up my Stephen King book which is gathering dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes41 View Post
I misinterpreted your earlier comments regarding managing your friends list to mean that it was too large and needed to be culled. And I didn't want to add to your workload. But if you wouldn't mind an additional (low-maintenance) neighbor...

Take care.
Mal
I haven't accepted your friend request yet because you don't know how weird I am so here's your chance to change your mind. I just reached level 34 after an incredibly long slog through 33. I don't reciprocate (it was too time-consuming & just encouraged more gifts, clogging my MB) but I DO send out a frog to two people/day to people on my friend list to just "gift." That way, it's just a gift, nothing more, nothing expected.

Given the number of friends (23) I have, each friend gets a gift approximately every 11-12 days. I do make exceptions & add a high value frog for when Dom (or someone else), for example, mails me a Set or Starter Set - I send him a token of my appreciation which does next-to-virtually nothing to defray the costs of his time, cost, or effort but at least it's something.

So, bottom line: I'm at a lower level than most of my forum friends & don't gift often. I'm not 'dexing so I don't send color wheels or frog floods. If you're heavy into floods, build an Ark.

Feel free to change your mind (via PM) since I offered the Violet Caelus Quilta since you said you were breeding. For one brief instant I forgot it wasn't as simple as on Plus+. I'm not actively or surreptitiously seeking friends but I'd be happy to welcome you as a friend if you haven't already changed you mind, given my odd self-imposed rules.

p.s.: Thanks to all who are not gifting until I get this darn set finished. Two more to go but I've given up for a while since I was getting 90% Anuras & 10% of the wrong Quilta. (Guess what I'll be gifting in a while!!) Set will be done in time to gift to another, however -- not to fear.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I just found out that I have to be level 31 to breed the Quiltas I was so kindly gifted by mbarnes41 and Domenic51 - I'm only level 29, so it's going to take some time, but I promise I'll offer them up as soon as I'm able to breed them. Thank you both!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Dean, perhaps NB will add Lisi's feature of allowing one to skip certain weekly sets. That way, anyone who can't breed (or wants to do another set first) it can return to it later while they complete previous sets.

Thanks to Quossum for the Infinitas and Nodare,
Dean for the Lunaris,
RedRoof42 for the Pyramis,
KHopp25 for the Templum.

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to all.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianharuka View Post
I just found out that I have to be level 31 to breed the Quiltas I was so kindly gifted by mbarnes41 and Domenic51 - I'm only level 29, so it's going to take some time, but I promise I'll offer them up as soon as I'm able to breed them. Thank you both!
I will have the complete set ready tomorrow. I intend to share the set and you are welcome to it, if you would like. (Feel free to sell the unusable frog if you need the coins and don't know a level 31+ to share it with).

Take care.
Mal