• Publisher: Two Robots
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 29.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: IMPORTANT: You need to download the companion Cipher Tool Phone application in order to play this game!

Deiknymi is a unique puzzle that combines a difficult 2d/3d maze with challenging ciphers you need to solve in order to progress. The game itself, the prose and puzzles all carry hidden messages if one were so inclined to figure them out.

Greek for Thought Experiment, Deiknymi combines a very challenging maze that gains in difficulty as you progress, with unique ciphers that you will need to solve in order to complete the levels. The ciphers themselves are hidden within the levels as well as the keys, passphrases, etc. that you will need in order to break the code.

The story unfolds as you begin inside a maze, and inside the head of our main character. As you work through the maze and gain clues to move on you will need to apply your problem solving skills to crack the code for each level. There are spinning jump points that will bring you to a room either above or below your current level. As you solve the levels you will acquire chakras that you will collect along your way. The story itself is about the main characters own transcendence. The path is not an easy one, though once accomplished will reach new unforeseen heights.

There are hidden messages and ciphers throughout this game, most of which will not be apparent to the average gamer. This game was put together to be as simple as a puzzle maze, or if you are like us, can dig in and find deeper meaning around every bend as the story unfolds. All the thought and meaning that has been placed in this game directly relates to the story itself and the unique path our character will take in order to transcend to greater heights on lifes fantastic journey.

Hidden things to look out for as you play the game:
The rooms themselves are letters. See if you cant figure out what the game itself tells you.
Each letter in each room that you gain a chakra is a word jumble
Special meaning in each chapter title if you combine them
Many hidden messages within the last prose
Each level solution holds deeper meaning if combined
And more

Questions to ask while you are playing the game:
What is with all the colors per level?
Why are you collecting chakras?
Why have you started in the middle of the game?
Why are you going backwards first?
The butterfly is typography. Does this relate to the last chapter?

We thank you for playing this game. Any comments are welcome.
Sincerely,
Two Robots

[ o_0 ]

centinel3's comments:
Deiknymi on iTunes here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deiknymi/id597382429?mt=8

My name is Chris and am co-founder of Two Robots. We just released our first large scale game called 'Deiknymi' for the iPad. This is by far our best release yet. It's a maze game with a twist. The user has to maneuver through a maze that progressively gets harder as you go, while finding ciphers and clues in order to solve each level. A lot of thought has gone into the game story and has been transposed into actual elements on the board (i.e. each room is actually a letter (all levels spell a phrase, each solution room letter spells a word, each level solution has a word jumble in it, within the story itself there are hidden elements, all the way down to the teeth on the footer drawer (dot, dot, dash, dot dot (morse code for the number 3), etc.). The user can go as deep as they want with this game to draw as much or as little as they want, though still have a challenging experience while playing the game. If you are able to, please check it out and let me know if you like it.

All suggestions are welcome as always.

Sincerely,
Chris Campbell
Two Robots
[ o_0 ]
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I was extremely excited to read the description on this game. It sounded challenging and compelling and completely original. I bought it without a second thought at all. And, honestly, I have no regrets; I'm merely disappointed either in my own lack of intelligence (of which I believed I possessed a modicum more than most -mea culpa) or in the lack of instructions on the app, the requisite and ancillary encryption/decryption app, or on any web pages related to the game.

I hold out hope that at some point in the near future, everything shall be demystified for me by the devs or my fellow TA gamers who have tastes akin to my own, running in the enigmatic, esoteric, and puzzle-solving veins. So until that day when all (or at least enough that I can begin) shall be made clear, Deiknymi will sit alluringly but irksomely on my tablet untouched but waiting.

02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Deiknymi - Tutorial is on it's way

@Sharontung66

Thank you for your comment and your cudos to my first game. You are 100% right that the tutorial should be better represented in the game. I have worked on some of that tutorial and will be adding it to the game in an upcoming release. In the interim I have attached the slides for you to view (feedback is always appreciated).

I will also make it clear that you most certainly need the ancillary Cipher Tool application in order to play the game with any real chance of solving the levels. Great feedback Sharontung66 and thank you again for your thoughts on my game.

Sincerely,
Chris Campbell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tutorial-1.jpg (214.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-2.jpg (178.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-3.jpg (197.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-4.jpg (204.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-5.jpg (211.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tutorial-6.jpg (174.3 KB, 1 views)
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Chris,

The intro mentions to download the cipher tool app which says it is free. Sadly it is not..it is $1.99 in the App Store, using the link inside the game.

Thomas
02-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Looks interesting. Are there any videos on he way?
02-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the comment @Cofunguy, We have been toggling between the thought of having the game paid and the tool free, or the reverse. WE have now tried it both ways and are open to your thoughts on this. When I made the switch the last time I did edit the description on the Deiknymi iTunes page. sorry for any confusion and thank you again for the comment and the consideration. -Chris
02-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I will be doing some videos soon. -Chris
02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centinel3 View Post
Thanks for the comment @Cofunguy, We have been toggling between the thought of having the game paid and the tool free, or the reverse. WE have now tried it both ways and are open to your thoughts on this. When I made the switch the last time I did edit the description on the Deiknymi iTunes page. sorry for any confusion and thank you again for the comment and the consideration. -Chris
Just wanted to point out the fact that the description inside the app says free when it isn't. Thus the intro page inside the app needs to reflect the change.

Now if I can just figure out this first cypher!!
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
@Confuguy

Thank you for that. I read that quickly and didn't catch that the first time. That will be corrected with the new update. hint: The first level is a simple substitution cipher.

Good luck. -Chris