Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlchemyLabs View Post
Hi there.

If you had ever purchased any of the items which remove ads, then Apple has your purchase logged in their system. If you deleted your app or moved phones, for example, then you'll need to open up the store/dlc area and hit the little cog icon to Restore Purchases, which should ensure you don't see ads.

-Alex
I think there talking a out the same thing as me, we bought it when it first came out and then you decided to switch to free with ad's, which was the reason I also deleted this.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I think there talking a out the same thing as me, we bought it when it first came out and then you decided to switch to free with ad's, which was the reason I also deleted this.
Ah, I see what you mean -- we also handled that for our loyal paid buyers to the best of our ability. Basically our method to ensure paid users never got ads was to store a flag locally in the game's preferences on-device which said 'never give this device any ads'. If you deleted the app and redownloaded after that paid to free switch, we would lose track of that flag.

This is one of the core reasons that using apples servers to track that info is a superior route. Sorry to anyone who got their phone stolen and/or never backed up the app and received a lesser experience because of that.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Sorry for the ignorance -- did you guys make Jack Lumber?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:45 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlchemyLabs View Post
Ah, I see what you mean -- we also handled that for our loyal paid buyers to the best of our ability. Basically our method to ensure paid users never got ads was to store a flag locally in the game's preferences on-device which said 'never give this device any ads'. If you deleted the app and redownloaded after that paid to free switch, we would lose track of that flag.

This is one of the core reasons that using apples servers to track that info is a superior route. Sorry to anyone who got their phone stolen and/or never backed up the app and received a lesser experience because of that.
OK, I understand, this is then the case for me. It actually says "pourchases have been restored" but still ads. I will look among my backup ipa's. Thanks for the quick answers!