App description: Eat The Whistle is an old style humorous 2D soccer game that will bring you back in the nineties and will remember you classics like Kick Off or SWOS.

Originally released for Amiga in 1998, the new touch version has been largely rewritten to be enjoyable on iPhone, iPod and specially on iPad.

Eat The Whistle supports Game Center and offers 20 achievements and a leaderboard for the "Arcade Challenge" competitors.

It includes a practice mode and a tutorial to learn the basics of the game and of his control system.

The game has two different play styles:

Simulation - The standard old-style soccer experience, you can play a league with up to 20 teams, a cup or a friendly match.

Arcade - The pitch is a walled arena, the goals are holes, and there is no referee and no fouls, you can pick up different kind of bonuses on the pitch... and the teams are really "weird".

gg74's comments:
.-.-.-.-.

YouTube: video

. . . . .
02-03-2013, 06:36 AM
I am a proper sucker for these old-style footy games. Just played tutorial and like what I see. Joystick's a bit big but I'll get used to it. Love that Scotland team from c1998. I'll check out the AI later. Why the Kinder style opening screen though?
02-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Love that Scotland team from c1998. I'll check out the AI later. Why the Kinder style opening screen though?
Not only the teams are sproofed, also the sponsors are, try to look at the advertisement signs around the field (they change every match). Kinder is the brand we sproof in the title since the whistle of the title of the game is of chocolate
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Fantastic. All very nice touches. Will spend some proper time later.
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Three free codes for Eat the Whistle for the faster readers!

W9HLXE3PNR4L
LXEMNK67NJLJ
EFREKY4LPWER

02-24-2013, 07:54 AM
I've just added a video trailer for the game, and just to make the post more interesting here there are a pair of extra promo keys:

3NWPKNXE9YAJ
Y39X769XP977

PS: I'm not sure why my video is not seen as inline as the ones in other posts, there is some special BB code to embed youtube videos?