Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone16 View Post
This game definitely has potential. Please add some multiplayer so I could show Greyskull how it's done. Lol
Most people could show me how its done. Though I love the genre, I've never claimed to be too good at them . My long-term strategic plans are usually trumped by my impulsiveness, whether the game in question is a TB wargame, card game, tactical squad based strategy game, etc.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

What about adding the ability to pick a character & I would gladly pay for MP...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM

Default Quick replies

Hey,
just some quick answers:
1. yes, I plan to make more games. I designed a free PC game a while ago (I also did some of the graphics), [URL="http://www.desura.com/games/10-min-space-strategy"]10 min space strategy[/URL]. It is basically a 4x space strategy, with a lightweight approach.

It wasn't done in unity but in a custom c engine, so it won't make it to iPad, also a bit unstable under newer OS-es, like Win7 :/

I want to do a similar game in iPad, in a fantasy setting, my big inspiration is Master of Magic. Unlike most recent 4x games, I would like to keep it simple and relatively fast-paced, I really like the "simple but deep" approach of Desktop Dungeons for example. However it is still just a plan.

2. Spellchain, Multiplayer: there is a good chance that multiplayer will be included in the update (hotseat: almost sure, gamecenter: low chance).

Some balancing will take place (if you have any comments about card balance, also feel free to share);
- I think that card that gives extra +1 max. mana takes too much health for example, if you play that twice, you have to be very careful not to lose the game in a few turns.
- also summoning 2 dragons seems like a game over move, so that card might need some thinking too
- corpse elemental is not a very interesting card, basically it is a 'play this if you have 0 army' card.
- Some more low-cost cards might be needed, so longer chains are possible.

Choosing your name, portrait: doable, it really depends how much additional work Twofish wants to provide. I don't dare to promise it though, I am lobbying for resources, but since this is pretty much a pet/experimental/pride project (read: "no money"), it is not that easy. It is also a reason why I can't predict a date when the new update will come, might be two weeks, might be two months.

Also thank you for all your opinions, it is really helpful to know what people think and wish for.

cheers,
Kalamona
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 AM

I was really excited about this app until I realised on the third game that I had played all of the game. A few ideas:

-Definitely add a multiplayer

-Have each player (or AI) choose half of the pool of cards. This way players can choose a bit of strategy and it adds the depth of using your opponent's card to prevent their style of play.

-If you do add the ability to build a deck, make cards unlockable through achievements (chain x cards, have x army size, etc) to help encourage replay

-Definitely add in some chain bonuses for more strategy.

Solid 3 stars
Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Nice solid game, which needs some more content and possibilities for strategy. But as a free game it is worth the download when you like card games.
Online Multiplayer with some ELO system would be a good idea, but then make it not free. Good work has to be payed for
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 AM

Oh wow, you did 10min? Will have check this one out then for sure.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Update with hot seat multiplayer is out.