Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

the white squares on the boat deck (top deck) with that yellow oval and number are the squares that give you a bonus if you're there when the game ends. if you have two guys in the square i would presume each would get the bonus. i'm guessing but it would makes sense that if you and another player were both there that each should get points so why not two of the same. but, i don't know for sure in either case, something you'd have to test.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm finding the game mildly amausing, like how the leaderboard tracks my best personal end game score, but, is it just me, or does this game really boild down to who can get the most yellows to move their passengers up top? Other than if feeling bold and going about to gather aids, your best bet is to find a point with many ladders lined up vertically and focus on working your way up to the top deck.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
ind a point with many ladders lined up vertically and focus on working your way up to the top deck
well, that's the point right? save your freaking neck!

sometimes getting to the ladder areas is tricky; the AI can move crowds in your way; maybe when you get to the top all the nearby boats are gone; some of the Aids are worth a detour to pick up; you might drown before you move up; blah, blah

but yes, yellow is your friend.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
well, that's the point right? save your freaking neck!

sometimes getting to the ladder areas is tricky; the AI can move crowds in your way; maybe when you get to the top all the nearby boats are gone; some of the Aids are worth a detour to pick up; you might drown before you move up; blah, blah

but yes, yellow is your friend.
Perhaps I'm just missing it but when one can see a life boat or two is dropping as the next event, does it indicate at which of the 8 points it's going to drop from?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

which boat is launched is random based on the card drawn by the game. you don't know ahead of time which one it will be and when it happens the game flashes the card so fast (one of my complaints) it's hard to tell which one except process of elimination. oh, that boat was there last turn, now it's gone so that was the one. or, my guy was on that boat now he's back on deck so it must have launched and he was not permitted to be on it. you just gotta be observant i guess.

the last two at station 8 (with the clocks) are the only ones where you know for sure when they go.

also, i think i noticed something. see if this happens to you. when your turn starts and a boat is going to launch you get to move your passengers before the Event of the boat launching. there have been several occasions that i have tried to get on a boat but couldn't and i could never figure out why. i only thought of this now so i didn't check when it happened but i'm thinking i couldn't get on the boat because it was going overboard during the Event phase and was more or less frozen for any new passengers. i'm just guessing and you would think you COULD get on the boat just before it launched but maybe not. dunno, but it's happened twice and i can't figure it out.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 02-03-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
which boat is launched is random based on the card drawn by the game. you don't know ahead of time which one it will be and when it happens the game flashes the card so fast (one of my complaints) it's hard to tell which one except process of elimination. oh, that boat was there last turn, now it's gone so that was the one. or, my guy was on that boat now he's back on deck so it must have launched and he was not permitted to be on it. you just gotta be observant i guess.

the last two at station 8 (with the clocks) are the only ones where you know for sure when they go.

also, i think i noticed something. see if this happens to you. when your turn starts and a boat is going to launch you get to move your passengers before the Event of the boat launching. there have been several occasions that i have tried to get on a boat but couldn't and i could never figure out why. i only thought of this now so i didn't check when it happened but i'm thinking i couldn't get on the boat because it was going overboard during the Event phase and was more or less frozen for any new passengers. i'm just guessing and you would think you COULD get on the boat just before it launched but maybe not. dunno, but it's happened twice and i can't figure it out.
Also, to be clear, do I need to be waiting in line before the launch and fit the allowed passenger types once revealed or will the boat sit there for a turn or two before taking off?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
waiting in line before the launch
no, you need to be in the boat. when the computer launches the boat it's then that who's allowed on the boat is determined. if you get kicked off you'll hear a beep and you'll see your guy back in the white square below the boat that left.

is nobody else playing this game??!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
no, you need to be in the boat. when the computer launches the boat it's then that who's allowed on the boat is determined. if you get kicked off you'll hear a beep and you'll see your guy back in the white square below the boat that left.

I'm playing it quite a bit. It's a pretty niche title though. I don't think it's getting much attention outside of this forum.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:

Not yet. I have been enthralled by Phase 10 and Five-O these few days...

Any super easy to understand tutorial I could read or watch? Just jumping into the game got me confused as I could not even roll the dice?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 PM

Default So...

I thought phase 10 very strange... don't like it.
And really... I needed a tutorial more easy too. But its cool..