Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

To those of you with over 40 planes, what is your fleet composition like?

I currently have 23 (M) planes, all Class 3 (17 Sequioas, 6 Cyclones), and I've recently saved up 30,000 bux which I'm planning to exchange for coins to buy plane slots. I've calculated that I should have enough to unlock a total of 43 slots.

However I really don't know what kind of fleet composition I should have. I was thinking of maybe 20 Sequioa-Ms, 8 Cyclone-Ms, 2 Cloudliners for a total of 30 Class 3 planes? Followed by another 8 Class 1 planes (Sea Knights) and 4 Class 2 planes (AeroEagles), and the last slot would be for a Starship in case I need to collect a Bux job.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelesia View Post
To those of you with over 40 planes, what is your fleet composition like?

I currently have 23 (M) planes, all Class 3 (17 Sequioas, 6 Cyclones), and I've recently saved up 30,000 bux which I'm planning to exchange for coins to buy plane slots. I've calculated that I should have enough to unlock a total of 43 slots.

However I really don't know what kind of fleet composition I should have. I was thinking of maybe 20 Sequioa-Ms, 8 Cyclone-Ms, 2 Cloudliners for a total of 30 Class 3 planes? Followed by another 8 Class 1 planes (Sea Knights) and 4 Class 2 planes (AeroEagles), and the last slot would be for a Starship in case I need to collect a Bux job.
Hi,
I got 54 plane slots.
With 40+ planes, Bux collecting is fast and easy.
So don't be afraid to swap planes back and forth from the hangar to enjoy different gameplay now and then. The same with airports.

My advice would be to have a basis fleet, and leave slots for fun and events.
If you don't plan on participating heavily to the local or global events, your planned setup looks good and cover evthg, but it also depends on your airports layout. I guess you have mainly class 3.

I only play for global events now, so my setup is based on being able to cover any scenario easily and fast.
On my 54 slots and 10 permanent airports:
10 permanent Bux sitters (cyclone M, green, one per airport)
22 Cyclone M for the basis fleet
8 planes for carrying global event jobs to the nearest class 3 airport (3 Cloud P, 3 Cloud C, 1 Cyclone P, 1 Cyclone C)
These 40 planes are the backbone of my fleet.
It leaves 14 open spots:
2 Concordes and 1 C130 for fun right now.
11 slots depending on the need for the global event. I have Mapples, Roos P and C, KK, SK, Blimps... in the hangar for class 1 events. And Aeros M,P,C for class 2

There you go
Old 02-06-2013, 06:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcat View Post
What cities do you have open and what planes do you already own?

Friend request sent - I can send a Roo or two. The short range of the Navigator is working against you so it will be hard to improve on your current route until you can upgrade your fleet. I suggest shifting your operations to a north-south alignment eventually so you can put together longer routes and earn more coins (and higher bux rewards).
Thanks for that Coastcat. I might have accidentally deleted your friend request so if you could send it again that would be great. When you say North-South alignment do you mean fly from Phoenix to Seattle as an example.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
Hi,
I got 54 plane slots.
With 40+ planes, Bux collecting is fast and easy.
So don't be afraid to swap planes back and forth from the hangar to enjoy different gameplay now and then. The same with airports.

-snip-
Whoa, thanks Vic for the quick response!

Well my current set-up is having every single Class 3 airport open. I have 6 Bux sitters (LA/Mexico, Lima/Burno, Tokyo/Seoul) while the rest of my 17 planes alternate between Bux runs and coin jobs (Between NA/SA and EA).

At the moment my main focus is on Global Events and Bux collection, and less on "fun planes". I'm planning of having a core fleet of about 30 Class 3 planes and 12 slots for Class 1/2 planes.

I'm also planning on opening up even more Class 1/2 airports in East Russia, Alaska/Canada and Australia/NZ to hopefully raise the chances of getting high paying Bux jobs, and also increasing the number of Bux Sitters from 6 to 10 - 12 (+Chicago/NY, SP/RDJ, Manila/Jakarta).

At the same time I'm also wondering if I should stop coin jobs entirely. With all my NA and SA cities being used for Bux collection, there isn't really much layover room left for Bux + Coin jobs. Which probably means that a good portion of my Class 3 fleet will be idling, not that it really matters that much since a single Bux plane probably earns more than what my remaining 17 planes earn in an hour.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelesia View Post
Whoa, thanks Vic for the quick response!

Well my current set-up is having every single Class 3 airport open. I have 6 Bux sitters (LA/Mexico, Lima/Burno, Tokyo/Seoul) while the rest of my 17 planes alternate between Bux runs and coin jobs (Between NA/SA and EA).

At the moment my main focus is on Global Events and Bux collection, and less on "fun planes". I'm planning of having a core fleet of about 30 Class 3 planes and 12 slots for Class 1/2 planes.

I'm also planning on opening up even more Class 1/2 airports in East Russia, Alaska/Canada and Australia/NZ to hopefully raise the chances of getting high paying Bux jobs, and also increasing the number of Bux Sitters from 6 to 10 - 12 (+Chicago/NY, SP/RDJ, Manila/Jakarta).

At the same time I'm also wondering if I should stop coin jobs entirely. With all my NA and SA cities being used for Bux collection, there isn't really much layover room left for Bux + Coin jobs. Which probably means that a good portion of my Class 3 fleet will be idling, not that it really matters that much since a single Bux plane probably earns more than what my remaining 17 planes earn in an hour.
yep, with a 30k bux exchange, you can forget coin jobs layovers.
Just use bux and events layovers. It makes it easier and faster to scroll down the airport list, and you don't need coins no more.
Be sure to fully upgrade all your airports, to expand the job list.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Is it obsessive that I just renamed all my Roos 1-43 in order and upgraded them all the way so they fly in order?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

On another note. I went back to check my nicely ordered planes and hey we're all mixed up! Damn you nimblebit!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Some please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm level 26, I have 17 planes, 12 Sequioa-Ms, 1 Cyclone-M, 1 Cloudliner-P, and 3 Aeroeagles-M/M/P, I run a route from LA-NY or Chicago-Paris or Madrid(for the aeros)-Istanbul-Delhi-Shanghai-Tokyo.
I rarely find bux jobs even with 5 Sequioas on bux watch. What's up with this?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Where are your planes sitting?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomekSzymek View Post
Let me just tell you what I've done since yesterday...
Planes: Airvan-P(2 of them), Anan-C (2 of them), Birchcraft-P, Kangaroo-P, Kangaroo-M, Kangaroo-C
Cities: Barcelona, Berlin, St. Petersburg (blue) and London, Moscow (red)

So what now? I was thinking of buying Istanbul, but the Kangaroos won't fly there even from Barcelona. They even can't fly from Berling to Moscow. The range is small...
What do you guys say? I should just collect coins, lvl up and wait for other planes?
A Kangaroo with no range upgrades has a range of 945 miles. That's more than enough to fly between Barcelona and Istanbul (828 miles) or Berlin and Moscow (790 miles). The Airvan (stock range 840 miles) can also make those trips.

Istanbul is one of my permanently open airports. A Cyclone with the full range upgrade can fly directly between New York and Istanbul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy312 View Post
Thanks for that Coastcat. I might have accidentally deleted your friend request so if you could send it again that would be great. When you say North-South alignment do you mean fly from Phoenix to Seattle as an example.
Accepted and gifted. By north-south I mean from Seattle down to Buenos Aires. Longer routes mean more coins per job, and more jobs per plane means more profit. You can use the Kangaroos to hop down from blue Seattle to red Buenos Aires by opening some tiny airports in between. Try Seattle to Buenos Aires via Chihuahua, San Jose, and Cuzco. Load your plane at one end, send it on its way, and come back in an hour and 17 minutes. You've just made 3426 coins in profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus172 View Post
Is it obsessive that I just renamed all my Roos 1-43 in order and upgraded them all the way so they fly in order?
Yes. Yes it is. I'll have to try that...