Iron Giant movie pic for an app icon.
Warhammer 40k models....
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Iron Giant movie pic for an app icon.
Warhammer 40k models....
I was gonna post "Warhammer" when i saw the models but then i see you already posted it.

EDIT: Ok just watched the video. Seems to be the online mmo type with energy system and all that bull. Pfft.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hey Guys,

I'm one of the developers of this game and wanted to let you know that we have an update patch (v1.2) in review with apple currently for those that have complained of the save game bug and trouble on legacy devices. We'll let you know when the patch is approved and in the store.

We're a small studio, but we want to continue to fix and improve network performance throughout the launch of mech wars as we get feedback from players.

Thx,
-Neal
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Thanks for that report Bramblett05, we didn't have a iPod device in the studio and that's our fault for not including a standard definition texture atlas into the Universal binary. We're working on that right now and it will be included in the next update for improved performance on 3GS iPhones and iPod devices. We appreciate your patience.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

We just released the first game patch (v1.2) to improve performance on some devices and fix bugs that some users reported which reset their games when restarting after the initial tutorial completion.

We're currently working on more standard definition optimizations which will fix any issues occurring on legacy devices like iPod 4 and iPhone 3GS and should have that patch released next week.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM

I was lured to this game with the thought of playing with Mechs. I mean who doesn't like Mechs right? But where's the online multiplayer? Also does it really matter when you click on the enemy? I'm not seeing much strategy. Also the "energy" doesn't actually refill unless you're in game! Is that a bug or by design? Lame...
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

We will add mutiplayer matchmaking in a future update, but in the initial release we just put in mutiplayer leaderboards. It reduces unnecessary networks lag when you start at lower (-10) levels. The play loop is so short at these lower levels that connecting a player network of thousands of players who all have the same stats is pointless. Ultimately if you play bots or user created matches, the competitive result would be the same because a fair match would be measured by defeating a player of equal mech stats. We currently measure match equality with Honor points. Once a player reaches lvl 60 @ our level cap is when decisions must be made as to which equipment is most effective to match a fighting strategy with proper use of boosts.

The energy refill can be added if more players request it. We could have added it as a local timer call on the device, but this method is easily defeated by changing your device clock and would create a unfair advantage to players that game the system. The only secure method is a server side timer call on login, so we'll consider adding this in a game update.

Our primary concern is to maintain a secure online Mech League, and then ramp up the complexity and sophistication of the fighting mechanics after the basics have been bolted down. Once again we're a small team with limited manpower and have to pick our battles to get the game out and get (valuable) feedback from users.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Patch v1.2 which addresses all the major issues is now live in the app store. Version v1.22 which offers a few additional optimizations is currently in review with apple. Unfortunately we were not able to officially support 4th gen iPod touches and iPhone 3GS devices in this patch due to the fact that including a low-resolution atlas for every texture in the game would have resulted in a distribution build larger than the 50MB iTunes limit.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyutopia View Post
We will add mutiplayer matchmaking in a future update, but in the initial release we just put in mutiplayer leaderboards. It reduces unnecessary networks lag when you start at lower (-10) levels. The play loop is so short at these lower levels that connecting a player network of thousands of players who all have the same stats is pointless. Ultimately if you play bots or user created matches, the competitive result would be the same because a fair match would be measured by defeating a player of equal mech stats. We currently measure match equality with Honor points. Once a player reaches lvl 60 @ our level cap is when decisions must be made as to which equipment is most effective to match a fighting strategy with proper use of boosts.

The energy refill can be added if more players request it. We could have added it as a local timer call on the device, but this method is easily defeated by changing your device clock and would create a unfair advantage to players that game the system. The only secure method is a server side timer call on login, so we'll consider adding this in a game update.

Our primary concern is to maintain a secure online Mech League, and then ramp up the complexity and sophistication of the fighting mechanics after the basics have been bolted down. Once again we're a small team with limited manpower and have to pick our battles to get the game out and get (valuable) feedback from users.
It sounds like you have big plans for this game which is great but the fact is you promised something in the trailer which is not in the game yet. So instead you have a competitive leaderboard which is fine but the refill bar killed it for me. The whole point of these timer games is you spend your energy then go about your daily life business and then come back ad nauseum. I have better things to do with my time than stare at a timer.

If you want to get technical, yes if people want to cheat the system by advancing the their clock for more energy they will. I don't see how this will have a major impact on the game. Eventually they will have to set heir clock back, and if your end goal is for everyone to be level 60 then the only thing that changes is how fast someone ultimately gets there. This is not different than any other energy refill game and if you are dead set against people cheating then by all means have the game check an online server for the time. I wish you luck!