Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB4 View Post
I think something that useful/time saving should be a function that costs 1u per use. As it really is just a luxury, and mostly only useful when you first come back to your town, or for those who only check in every couple of hours.
Yea it is just a luxury but I guess so is halving down your heart bar, and those are one time fees. 1u per use almost seems not worth it. I'd like an initial cost - about 30-50u, and then have it on a cooldown timer so that you can only use it every few hours. This way you can't rely on it every single time you log in, and it'll mostly be useful for those times when you wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxsgamer View Post
I thought that I may using it unintentually, but I honestly don't know how it could be. I'm pretty sure I never click any speed ups, I never thought any trees yet, and I read every price tags before I build them.

Also, why is the best payout building?
The expansion for land is getting really costly, and I'm trying to increase my flow if incoming cash. I'm doing police station and arcade, is anything else better than these. I haven't upgraded any buildings pass level 1 yet.
Yea that's really strange. What I'd suggest is to take a picture before you sleep, and then compare in the morning. If there's a strange loss, take another and send both to the devs.

As for most money, I'm not too sure. I haven't really been min-maxing at all as I've cared more about the layout of my city haha. I'm sure if you read back a lot of people have talked about that.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbtran View Post
Yea it is just a luxury but I guess so is halving down your heart bar, and those are one time fees. 1u per use almost seems not worth it. I'd like an initial cost - about 30-50u, and then have it on a cooldown timer so that you can only use it every few hours. This way you can't rely on it every single time you log in, and it'll mostly be useful for those times when you wake up.
That actually sounds like a really good compromise, high up front cost plus a cool down timer would work perfectly. Great idea!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiknight View Post
Tried this, it doesn't give me the option to say NO to iCloud, and then restores my iCloud save.
Thought of turning off wi-fi and/or cellular by putting it in airplane mode? Let's see it fetch your iCloud save then

Never mind you can delete your iCloud data for the game at any point from the Setting app.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM

Just wondering why the need for the (annoying) 'return to town center' option when a simple '3 finger tap' will return any spacefarer lost in the void to the starting 0,0 coordinate bang in the middle of town...spacesuit off>grab a beer>life couldn't be sweeter.

Last edited by Corky McButterpants; 02-06-2013 at 04:43 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default How many trees?

I just discovered this game on the weekend, and it's now my favorite distraction! Very nice game, thank you LambdaMu.

I have 87/150 jobs, 140 land, and 725 cps, so I'm now getting into the slower part of the game...

My question is how many trees would you think are needed for optimal utopium collection? Do you need a certain number to even be "eligible" for the 25u maximum daily limit, or do more trees simply increase the probability of catching them per your own gameplay time?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB4 View Post
Honestly, if I started over I would try to build a Nursery as soon as possible. Since early game you'll actually earn more per tree than you would from a half dozen businesses.

Here is a short guide that I would use

1.) After the tutorial I believe you start with 2 Rocky Mansions, a Town Hall, an Arrival Center, a Utopium Mine, 3 Trees, a Carpark, a Mayor, a Mechanic, an Engineer, 1 blank clone, 25 utopium, and I think 10 land (maybe less).

2.) Combine •••Spoiler:  Mechanic + Mechanic to make an Assistant and send them to Town Hall.

3.) Build 1 Rocky Mansion.

4.) Combine •••Spoiler:  Mayor + Engineer to make an Architect and send them to Town Hall.

5.) Combine •••Spoiler:  Assistant + Architect to make a Landscaper and a Nursery.

6.) Plant as many trees as you can with your current land.

7.) Collect utopium and coins from trees and hearts from houses until you can buy more land, then upgrade your land.

8.) Buy 10 pieces of Decor that give you 3.0 spirit. You will need 40u, but you should have plenty from trees and hearts.

9.) Keep repeating steps 7 and 8 until you have 32 pieces of Decor that give you 3.0 spirit, and buy 2 pieces of Decor that give you 2.0 spirit.

10.) Keep repeating step 7 until you have enough land to unlock the Shiny Tower.

11.)At this point you will have around 116 spaces of land, an Expansion Discount and a Time Discount of 50%, a ton of utopium, and you can start building Shiny Towers that will only take 12 hours to build.

If you are patient enough to do that you will have pretty close to a perfect game at that point. My next advice would be to try and get a Bank and a Research Lab as soon as possible. When you get the Research Lab dump as many points as you can into "Research" in order to reduce the amount of hearts it takes to get a bonus. To max it out you will need to spend a total of 210u which sounds like a lot, but trust me, you will make it back plus much more from the heart bonuses of +2 and +5 utopium that will be coming to you much quicker since it will reduce it to only taking 5 hearts to earn a bonus. Also, you'll get back a bunch of utopium from Achievements once you build a Police Station. After that, you're pretty much on your own, as long as you stick to only building Shiny Towers for residence, there is really no way you could screw this game up. Have fun having the most min-maxed town ever.

If you do try this strategy please let me know how it goes.

Phase 1 complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (239.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Lets say i restarted and would i get enough cash early on to get to shiny towers without having to build another resident houses?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM
iPhone 5

Phase One complete of TRB4 reconstruction plan. Past failed colony has been rendered into essential parts and nutrients.

Phase two beginning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (239.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrwsc View Post
I just discovered this game on the weekend, and it's now my favorite distraction! Very nice game, thank you LambdaMu.

I have 87/150 jobs, 140 land, and 725 cps, so I'm now getting into the slower part of the game...

My question is how many trees would you think are needed for optimal utopium collection? Do you need a certain number to even be "eligible" for the 25u maximum daily limit, or do more trees simply increase the probability of catching them per your own gameplay time?
Tu quoque Andrwsc !
I guess a dozen tree is enough if you play 4/5 times a day for 5/10min.
I have 14 in total, including the ones I got at the beginning.
I had no problem getting 25U from them today, playing maybe an hour in total.
This morning I had 7U in a 10 min play.

It improves the probability of getting U just because you have more trees and more tree bonus. So the more trees you have, the faster you'll get the U.
It means the number needs to be adjusted depending on the time you'll devote the game.

But as there is no counter, if you aim for the max, try keeping tab so you can stop punching trees when it's done.
Also, plant them asap, and regroup them.

Edit:
just a quick stat on my income:
1054 cps, sounds good right?
Except that only 204cps comes from buildings that lasts one hour or more

The game is heavily pondered on income from very short term building.
And as the upgrades only do multiples of the initial working times, it won't change much upgrading 4 min to 20 or 10 to 50.
Maybe we'll have to open many more universities?
Has anyone already done multiples of the same building for income?

Last edited by vicsark; 02-05-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
iPhone 5

Default Critical error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiknight View Post
Phase One complete of TRB4 reconstruction plan. Past failed colony has been rendered into essential parts and nutrients.

Phase two beginning.
Phase two malfunction:
QUERY: DECOR
DECOR NOT AVAILABLE

SOLUTION:
•••Spoiler:  1 ADDITIONAL ROCKY MANSION
SPLICE SHERIFF
SPLICE PARK RANGER
CREATE PARK

DECOR NOW AVAILABLE - COST 5 ADDITIONAL LAND

PHASE TWO NOW IN PROGRESS