★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** App Store "Editors' Choice" **
"Everything I want from a platformer is right here in Cordy 2." - Kotaku

Try before you buy!
SilverTree Media is proud to introduce Cordy 2! The sequel to the hit games Cordy and Cordy Sky!

After a long and harrowing journey, Cordy and Volt finally arrive at World 2, only to find it besieged by the evil Boogaloo. Help Cordy and Volt as they set off to save the Zap Drops from Boogaloo's evil minions, the Boogie Bots!

Guide Cordy through 3 action-packed and beautiful worlds! Fun-filled Carnival world, serene Harmony Harbor and epic Sky Factory!

Play the first 6+ levels for free! Enjoy 53 levels packed with gameplay in the full version!

PARENTS! It's possible to spend real money inside this game. You can disable In-App Purchase in your device's Settings app.

HOW TO RESTORE PURCHASES? Purchases are one-time and carry over between devices. To restore your purchases on a new device, go to the Settings menu from the game's Pause or Title screen, and tap on the Restore Purchase button. Even if you forget to do this step and try to buy the game again, it will be restored for free.

MEET NEW FRIENDS: As Cordy and Volt battle their way through World 2, they meet many new friends to help them along in their journey! Team up with Magnet Bot, Smash Bot, Copter Bot and more!

CUSTOMIZE CORDY. Dozens of custom hats and colors are available to choose from!

COOL ACHIEVEMENTS. Earn badges for style. Do you have what it takes?

TRY THE ORIGINAL "CORDY" GAME, TOO! One of the Top 10 best games of 2011 - The New York Times. #1 app in the United States, Canada, China, Germany, France, Spain, and many more! Featured "New & Noteworthy", "Staff Favorite" and "App of the Week" by Apple.

WANT MORE GAMES LIKE THIS? Play SLEEPY JACK! Top 10 Best of E3: "Adorable Psychonauts-esque presentation and solid gameplay...that is also tight and arcadey" - Pocket Gamer BEST APP OF THE WEEK: "It's the sort of happiness-inducing experience that you want to share with everyone." - Kotaku

STILL CAN'T GET ENOUGH CORDY? Try Cordy Sky!

8 LANGUAGES. Supports Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese. Pick one of these in your phone's Settings menu.

'LIKE' Cordy at facebook.com/CordyTheGame & follow SilverTree on Twitter @silvertreemedia

PLAYERS, WE READ EVERY E-MAIL. We're a small company, but we try to reply to every support request. Let us try to help at cordy2support@silvertreemedia.com and we will do our best to help in any way!

sizzlakalonji's comments:
A sequel to one of the best, somewhat unheralded, platformers on this platform. Well worth the free look.

02-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Cordy was a great underated platformer, very nice graphics, nice controls, a nice platformer.

Well worth picking up. Just downloaded this, again the controls are great, graphics look gorgeous, i'll be buying the full version.

Yeah its 'pricey' in iOS terms but this company isnt huge and doesnt have tons of developers, if i remember right its a very small team (could even be husband/wife), i love supporting indie devs and this is (from what i've seen so far) a very good game. I love platformers and this so far has lived up to what i hope it would be.

At the end of the day its free to try so give it a go. Cordy 1 is very good, Cordy Sky isnt bad (I'm not so keen on vertical Doodle Jump style games though).

But very glad this sequel came out from nowhere. 2.99 for the full version is a bargain, i think back to some of the crap i bought in the 80's for 1.99 each (budget range of games). This so far looks/plays great

02-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Never played the series. Are they good?
The series is very good. I actually also recommend their game Sleepy Jack. These devs only seem to put out quality products.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Cordy was Hands down the best platformer I have played on iOS, so this is essential. 2.99 is a bloody good price too for such a competent game.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
NO FREAK'N WAY WOOHOO!!!!

Great surprise! =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
02-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Yes! Every game they make is criminally underrated. I'm sure this one won't disappoint. I just hope they get the coverage they need to be big. Maybe Apple could feature them on the frontpage of the appstore!
02-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I was pretty sure that I was going to anyway, but after playing two levels for free I unlocked the full game. For those of you who played the first Cordy, this is everything you loved but more of it. There are a LOT of hidden/explorable areas. This seems to be the biggest difference I see so far. These levels are chock full of places to discover. If you haven't played Cordy before and have even a passing interest in platformers, you owe it to yourself to download this game. It's free. I think the vast majority of people who play the first levels are going to want to unlock the whole experience. I'm early on, but so far it's VERY highly recommended.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
yes! Every game they make is criminally underrated. I'm sure this one won't disappoint. I just hope they get the coverage they need to be big. Maybe apple could feature them on the frontpage of the appstore!
completely agree!!!

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
02-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Their first work that i had bought was Cordy Sky which was a doodle jump clone and i was impressed by it and i bought Cordy. That's when i found out these guys were consistent in their game quality.

Despite loving runner games too much, Sleepy Jack didnt get praise from me as much as the Cordy titles did. It was a gorgeous game that just didnt click with me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm going to jump in with some contrary views. Cordy to me was very disappointing, especially after all the critical praise it gathered. Level design was sterile and controls were far too floaty.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins