Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Cordy 2 (Universal): 1st 4 Levels Free - $4.99 Full Unlock

A sequel to one of the best, somewhat unheralded, platformers on this platform. Well worth the free look.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-08-2013 at 04:11 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Cordy was a great underated platformer, very nice graphics, nice controls, a nice platformer.

Well worth picking up. Just downloaded this, again the controls are great, graphics look gorgeous, i'll be buying the full version.

Yeah its 'pricey' in iOS terms but this company isnt huge and doesnt have tons of developers, if i remember right its a very small team (could even be husband/wife), i love supporting indie devs and this is (from what i've seen so far) a very good game. I love platformers and this so far has lived up to what i hope it would be.

At the end of the day its free to try so give it a go. Cordy 1 is very good, Cordy Sky isnt bad (I'm not so keen on vertical Doodle Jump style games though).

But very glad this sequel came out from nowhere. 2.99 for the full version is a bargain, i think back to some of the crap i bought in the 80's for 1.99 each (budget range of games). This so far looks/plays great
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Never played the series. Are they good?
The series is very good. I actually also recommend their game Sleepy Jack. These devs only seem to put out quality products.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Cordy was Hands down the best platformer I have played on iOS, so this is essential. 2.99 is a bloody good price too for such a competent game.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

NO FREAK'N WAY WOOHOO!!!!

Great surprise! =oD
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yes! Every game they make is criminally underrated. I'm sure this one won't disappoint. I just hope they get the coverage they need to be big. Maybe Apple could feature them on the frontpage of the appstore!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I was pretty sure that I was going to anyway, but after playing two levels for free I unlocked the full game. For those of you who played the first Cordy, this is everything you loved but more of it. There are a LOT of hidden/explorable areas. This seems to be the biggest difference I see so far. These levels are chock full of places to discover. If you haven't played Cordy before and have even a passing interest in platformers, you owe it to yourself to download this game. It's free. I think the vast majority of people who play the first levels are going to want to unlock the whole experience. I'm early on, but so far it's VERY highly recommended.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
yes! Every game they make is criminally underrated. I'm sure this one won't disappoint. I just hope they get the coverage they need to be big. Maybe apple could feature them on the frontpage of the appstore!
completely agree!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Their first work that i had bought was Cordy Sky which was a doodle jump clone and i was impressed by it and i bought Cordy. That's when i found out these guys were consistent in their game quality.

Despite loving runner games too much, Sleepy Jack didnt get praise from me as much as the Cordy titles did. It was a gorgeous game that just didnt click with me.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

I'm going to jump in with some contrary views. Cordy to me was very disappointing, especially after all the critical praise it gathered. Level design was sterile and controls were far too floaty.