App description: "Because the World Needs More Zombie-Themed Typing Games. It really does." - Kotaku

"Your keyboard is the killzone" - Pocket Gamer

Spookville, Oregon is a quaint, picturesque little town with just one tiny problem it's infested with zombies!

An entertaining take on the horror shooting genre, Zombie Typomaniac is a quick-play arcade game, which pitches a player's typing skills and quick reflexes against hordes of offbeat zombies.

In this compelling (spelling) test of nerves and skill, the player's goal is to rid the town of its zombie infestation once and for all. Help comes courtesy of a variety of bonus health and weapon drops, but when the horde is bearing down it's the player's fast fingers which bring the firepower.

Gameplay modes include a compelling story mode across 28 levels, including 5 crazed boss characters, plus a special "survival mode" for the real killer elite.

GAME FEATURES:
Fast paced arcade shooter with an entertaining and simple gameplay mechanic. Lock & load! Type to shoot!

28 fun packed levels in story mode. Unlimited challenges in "survival mode"

5 bugged-out boss levels to clear through.

Dynamic gameplay adapts the challenge to match up with a player's skill level.

Numerous power ups and health bonuses to pick up and use throughout.

Unlock or purchase in-game up-to 20 outfits to be the best dressed zombie hunter in town.

Play with either type or slide interface

Tagstar's comments:
Hi All

We're pleased to announce our action packed Zombie-typing-shooter game 'Zombie Typomaniac' has launched on iPad:
Zombie Typomaniac HD

Fast paced and frantic... it's a case of type or be killed in this entertaining arcade-shooter for iPad, in glorious 2D!

A twisted and entertaining take on the horror shooting game, Zombie Typomaniac is a quick-play action game, which puts your typing skills and quick reflexes up against 24 different varieties of insane Zombies (and Yetis!) over 28 fun packed levels.

Rid the town of Spookville of its zombie curse once and for all in this compelling (spelling) test of nerves and skill. Extra help is provided by the bonus health and weapon drops which come your way, but when the Zombie horde is bearing down, it's fast fingers which bring the firepower.

Zombie Typomaniac HD features a complete story mode played out across 28 levels, including 5 crazed boss characters. Plus, for the real killer elite, there's a special "Survival Mode".

GAME FEATURES:
Fast paced arcade shooter with an entertaining and simple gameplay mechanic. Lock & load! Type to shoot!
24 different madcap Zombies
28 fun packed levels in story mode. Unlimited challenges in "survival mode"
5 bugged-out boss levels to clear through.
Dynamic gameplay adapts the challenge to match up with a player's skill level.
Numerous power ups and health bonuses to pick up and use throughout.
Unlock or purchase in-game up-to 20 outfits to be the best dressed zombie hunter in town.
Play with either type or slide interface

02-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Typing of the Bread?

02-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiufoxx View Post
Typing of the Bread?
I think you have a typo there...
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
I went ahead and picked this up today, while there's not much to say that the screen shots don't say, I can say you can play in landscape or portrait and there's the adaptive difficulty single player bit which is cool but there's also survival mode with easy,medium and hard settings.
There's some outfits you can unlock with the money you earn in game just by playing,
I've never played a typing game before and can't say it's a genre I've thought about as I've never found myself saying "oh I know what would be fun... Typing words"
But this is pretty cool and even though your just typing the words above the zombies heads and sometimes single letters there's power ups to use and there's something addictive about it.
It's worth the small price tag of 1.49 as its something different instead of the usual endless runners and physics puzzle games.
02-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I think you have a typo there...
Whoooops! Thanks, you're totally right.

Texting of the Bread!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texting-of-the-bread-hd/id394414294?mt=8
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
New Screens! New Zombies!

New screens posted Check them out and let me know what you think.

screenshot8b.pngscreenshot10b.png

screenshot12b.pngnewscreenshot3.png

"Because the World Needs More Zombie-Themed Typing Games. It really does."

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/zombie-typomaniac-hd/id563485390?mt=8

Last edited by Tagstar; 02-09-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo
02-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
But this is pretty cool and even though your just typing the words above the zombies heads and sometimes single letters there's power ups to use and there's something addictive about it.
It's worth the small price tag of 1.49 as its something different instead of the usual endless runners and physics puzzle games.
Thanks for the support! Glad you liked it.

---
Zombie Typomaniac HD:
iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/app/zombie-typomaniac-hd/id563485390?mt=8
02-09-2013, 05:59 PM
"There's nothing more effective than a QWERTY keyboard when it comes to slaughtering the undead". Wise words!! #clicketyclackbangbang

---
Zombie Typomaniac HD:
iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/app/zombie-typomaniac-hd/id563485390?mt=8
02-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Can use the regular iPad's onscreen keyboard?