Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default iStriker 2: Air Assault - Lite [ A 3D scroller shooter ]



The lite version of iStriker 2: Air assault is now out.
The full version will come out this month!

iStriker : Rescue & Combat was come out in 2011, which was top100 in many countries.

iStriker 2 added more enemies and new mission. all missions are designed from the ground up. it has a bigger field of view, more enemies on the screen,
the 3d objects are more detailed.

The game supports iCade.


Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by c2matrix; 02-08-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,347
Default

Oh, yeah!
Going to get this one, and I look forward to the full version.

I enjoyed iStriker: Rescue & Combat very much indeed.

You mentioned in another thread that iCade support was coming very soon for the first game, is there an ETA, and does this one have iCade support?

Edit.
After trying out the demo, I can see that it does support Bluetooth and therefore the iCade and 8-Bitty.
I just wished there was the option to either remap buttons for the 8-Bitty or the same command mapped to more than one button...
Currently the "Special Weapon" command is assigned to button "5" and the "Bomb" to the second "Enter" button, which isn't ideal.


(Link to TA member Squablo's pic of the controls).

It's not as big a deal in this game as in some other games, but it would be great with a bit of customization for the 8-Bitty owners out there...

Last edited by Bytebrain; 02-09-2013 at 03:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Oh, yeah!
Going to get this one, and I look forward to the full version.

I enjoyed iStriker: Rescue & Combat very much indeed.

You mentioned in another thread that iCade support was coming very soon for the first game, is there an ETA, and does this one have iCade support?

Edit.
After trying out the demo, I can see that it does support Bluetooth and therefore the iCade and 8-Bitty.
I just wished there was the option to either remap buttons for the 8-Bitty or the same command mapped to more than one button...
Currently the "Special Weapon" command is assigned to button "5" and the "Bomb" to the second "Enter" button, which isn't ideal.


(Link to TA member Squablo's pic of the controls).

It's not as big a deal in this game as in some other games, but it would be great with a bit of customization for the 8-Bitty owners out there...
Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely improve the support to iCade devices on the full version & next update of the lite version. This game only need 2 commands, so we will map the command to more physical buttons.

iStriker : Rescue & Command also added support to iCade devices, the new version ( 1.3.2 ) has been committed to apple, it will come out soon.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2matrix View Post
Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely improve the support to iCade devices on the full version & next update of the lite version. This game only need 2 commands, so we will map the command to more physical buttons.

iStriker : Rescue & Command also added support to iCade devices, the new version ( 1.3.2 ) has been committed to apple, it will come out soon.
That's great too hear.

Thank you for your response, I really look forward to the full game.
Have downloaded the lite version, but haven't had time to put it through its paces yet, but the short time I have been able to play has been great fun.

It's really great you'll map the controls to more buttons on the 8-Bitty!
It's a source to much frustration with a great number of games, so I wish more developers was as good as you to take on board suggestions from your customers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 PM
c2matrix's Avatar
c2matrix c2matrix is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 234
Default

the current icade buttons map:

"special weapon": 5
"bomb": 6
pause/resume: 7

in the full version & next update of the lite version:
"special weapon": 5/7/9
"bomb": 6/8/0
pause/resume: e1/e2
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
AnarKitty AnarKitty is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,659
Default

Looking forward to the full version very much!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2matrix View Post
the current icade buttons map:

"special weapon": 5
"bomb": 6
pause/resume: 7

in the full version & next update of the lite version:
"special weapon": 5/7/9
"bomb": 6/8/0
pause/resume: e1/e2
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Qwertz555 Qwertz555 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 999
Default

I really like what i played in this first level, but unfortunately i see
no improvement concerning the relative control. It plays as slow as
iStriker1. I just re-dl the full version again to compare them. Nope,
no changes made.
To clear out, the copter can't follow my (needed) fast finger movements.
It's allways behind.
Any thoughts about this ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Bytebrain Bytebrain is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
I really like what i played in this first level, but unfortunately i see
no improvement concerning the relative control. It plays as slow as
iStriker1. I just re-dl the full version again to compare them. Nope,
no changes made.
To clear out, the copter can't follow my (needed) fast finger movements.
It's allways behind.
Any thoughts about this ?
I always liked that aspect of the game.
If you've ever played shooters on arcades, the ships hardly ever zips around the screen super fast.
This is a chopper you're controlling, and choppers aren't fast.

I realize touch controls are different than arcade controls, but I find most shooters on iOS which follows the exact speed of my finger is often way too easy.
This one differentiates itself in that regard, and good on the developer to make that decision, for my money, it was the right one.

I got used to the ship speed within minutes.

I like the demo, and I look forward to enhanced iCade/8-Bitty controls, but the touch control options is a step back from the first iStriker game.
I liked the option to control bombs by adding another finger anywhere on the screen and a swipe to release the special weapon.

I remember people criticizing this aspect because they wanted buttons, but I found that the original controls were the best, and I wasn't alone with that opinion.
It's too bad these kind of controls are removed in the sequel. I like to be able to play without any buttons on screen at all.

That being said, it's minor nitpicking from my side, and I love the lite version of the game.
The difficulty is spot on, even on Easy, it's not a walk in the park to complete the stage, it's just right, providing a challenge without being ridiculously easy.

For my money, the first one was one of the best Shmups on the AppStore, and it seems the sequel will be just as good.

I do miss the additional challenge of rescuing soldiers a bit, but the game is great fun.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Fastbridge Fastbridge is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC, New York. USA
Posts: 1,978
Default

Played through the first level and I must admit I loved what I saw and played. Deff a must buy for me. I can't put my finger on it but the style of graphics in the game was different in a good way.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent