Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM

Default Achievement

Does anyone know how to get the Stay Warm In There achievement? I think I need the free hug which I burned right away....
Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokita View Post
Does anyone know how to get the Stay Warm In There achievement? I think I need the free hug which I burned right away....
Yep - that's the free hug one. My existence, now achievement didn't unlock. Just got all the combos but need that free hug too so hopefully existence, now will unlock on the second playthrough.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

squirrel whistle looks like the guy from ice age who wants his nut
Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Played through the first catalog of Little Inferno. What the actual f**k? This is some seriously weird shit. Quite the experience so far.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ed209 View Post
Very disappointed by this. I did what I was told and read nothing about it before purchasing, expecting something really unusual and different.

What a let down. Plenty of charm, sure. And a nice,if painfully obvious story (especially if you've played Limbo or Braid,which are actual games and not just touching stories), but the gameplay itself is pretty non-existent.

If someone had said "by the way it's not *really* a game" beforehand I wouldn't have minded. But the who,e combo thing is just to distract you from the fact there's no gameplay really, it's all about telling the story of why you're burning stuff.

And I wanted to play a game,not be told a touching story through abstract 'gameplay'.

Oh well! It is pretty, at least. Just not much 'fun'.
Just thought I'd stop by to say... Braid doesn't even have a touching story, just pretentious crap marring what could have been a fairly decent game.

Anyway, I don't know who told you not to read anything about it, that doesn't sound too smart to me. I've been suggesting the opposite. In fact I'd say just reading my posts in this thread is enough to help someone decide.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Braid doesn't even have a touching story, just pretentious crap marring what could have been a fairly decent game.
Amen.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 AM

Quite disappointed by the end. I imagined a better one.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Lets see. 5 hour playthrough for me. At least 5 hours from my daughters who surprised the heck out of me coming up with the combos that they did. Their reaction to some of the things that happened, how emotional they got. The fact that they each started a second game even before they were done with the first.

The whole lot of us singing the damn song.

My wife getting into the game while helping my girls figure out combos.

This game is simply stunning. Some may see it as pretentious... It is what it is, I can't explain it more than that. It accomplishes everything it tries for. It doesn't falter in the constrains as to what it's trying to do.

You don't buy a yoyo expecting to get a hidden rocket ship, do you? This is a very experimental "game". I loved every minute, and being able to share it with my family, being BEGGED to get more time to play with it... That's well more than almost every other game I own has gotten.

Here, if you liked games like Windosil, Lume or other more experimental games with crazy mechanics or non standard mechanisms, I think there's a stellar chance this game is for you.

Want to know if you'll like it? Read this:

•••Spoiler:  does the idea of having this crazy control of a fireplace for 5 hours, burning everything you can get your hands on in attempt to find combos based on wordplay sound intriguing?

What about a head scratching story involving strange neighbors and overseers named nancy, this story is portrayed in random letters spread throughout the game. The entirety of the dialogue would probably fit into a small pamphlet.

Do you like quirky? Do you have questionable feelings on the IAP system and rushing task completion? Do you think you maybe spend too much time in front of your idevice gaming, but still can't help doing it?

Then maybe this is the game for you. Otherwise save your $5.

Anyone who is really not into strangely quirky games with gameplay that might not be considered gameplay by many will most likely not enjoy this.

For anyone seriously on the fence, Sanuku has done a huge 20 min playthrough. Watch it.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 AM

I've actually relegated this to my top iOS game so far. Not everyone is going to get something from it, but for me it's perfectly charming, quirky, entertaining, crafted and contains a great message.

Much admiration for the developers, nice to see a group of real creatives releasing something in a sea of accounts exercises.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:43 AM

Wired has an apt 'review' of Little Inferno today, correctly describing it as a satire that happens to play out as a 'game', where the joke is on those enjoying it the most.

I wouldn't say it's a joke, or that it's at it's players expense, but at least they saw through it.

It's not a game, folks.