Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-09-2013, 03:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

On a semi-unrelated note...
Does anyone have any idea why my iCloud game saves would have disappeared? They were still there when I moved everything over to my iPhone 5, but now they're gone. All I had was Swordigo and IB2 (and IB2 wouldn't load, but I always had hope it might one day), but they're both nowhere to be found. I installed Swordigo again to see if it picked up on any saves and it didn't. What gives?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teagan View Post
I have it but don't remember playing it lol

Never mind. I remember playing it now. I got stuck and deleted it, go figure
You should really give it a try again. I've been playing it off and on throughout the weekend and I'm really impressed. At first I didn't quite see it, but as you get deeper into the box it really gets interesting. I like how it's not just a "tap to activate" affair either. When you want to use a key or screwdriver you actually have to spin it. Grab and drag a handle to slide a drawer out. There's even one puzzle where you have to tilt to get things in place (wish there were more of those) and another where you have to use three fingers to do multiple things at once. I'm not sure if I'm of the mindset that it's the "ultimate" game, but there's no question that the developers did a lot more to take advantage of the touch gestures than most do for this type of game especially.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I don't know about Swordigo, but IB2 created a new save file when I put it on my iPad, which conveniently overwrote my iCloud save...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
On a semi-unrelated note...
Does anyone have any idea why my iCloud game saves would have disappeared? They were still there when I moved everything over to my iPhone 5, but now they're gone. All I had was Swordigo and IB2 (and IB2 wouldn't load, but I always had hope it might one day), but they're both nowhere to be found. I installed Swordigo again to see if it picked up on any saves and it didn't. What gives?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
I don't know about Swordigo, but IB2 created a new save file when I put it on my iPad, which conveniently overwrote my iCloud save...
Grrr. There's no way in hell I'm starting IB2 over again after all the hours I out into it.
I hadn't played much of Swordigo, so no loss there. Started playing it again, though, and got pretty deep in. But even though I told it to save to cloud, I see no cloud save.

Come on, Apple, this is inexcusable!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

If you haven't tried it yet, G5's original Letters From Nowhere is currently free:

Letters From Nowhere (Full)
Letters From Nowhere HD (Full)

I definitely recommend both this and the sequel. Haven't tried the iPhone versions, but they're great on the iPad.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

What a weird promotion, G5e is calling these games some of the most romantic ever, and giving them away for Valentines Day (see http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...c&e=c43c132b5c). I don't remember them being anything but horror games...good horror games, but still horror games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
If you haven't tried it yet, G5's original Letters From Nowhere is currently free:

Letters From Nowhere (Full)
Letters From Nowhere HD (Full)

I definitely recommend both this and the sequel. Haven't tried the iPhone versions, but they're great on the iPad.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
What a weird promotion, G5e is calling these games some of the most romantic ever, and giving them away for Valentines Day (see http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...c&e=c43c132b5c). I don't remember them being anything but horror games...good horror games, but still horror games.
I agree that I'm not sure they fall under the category of "romance", but I never really thought of them as horror games either. I would tend to classify them more as "supernatural mystery".
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Do we have an updated list of adventure games? The link i got from page one is incomplete.

Im not really looking for COMPLETE per se, but was looking more into having a big list of adventure games.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Do we have an updated list of adventure games? The link i got from page one is incomplete.

Im not really looking for COMPLETE per se, but was looking more into having a big list of adventure games.
Unfortunately I ran into the same trap as the person who started this the first time around. I just ran out of time to keep updating the list. I know it doesn't seem like it should take that long, especially since there really aren't that many adventure games coming out each week, but it just stopped happening after a while. I've considered going back every now and again and trying to add new stuff to it, but honestly at this point I don't have much of a desire to do that any more.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Unfortunately I ran into the same trap as the person who started this the first time around. I just ran out of time to keep updating the list. I know it doesn't seem like it should take that long, especially since there really aren't that many adventure games coming out each week, but it just stopped happening after a while. I've considered going back every now and again and trying to add new stuff to it, but honestly at this point I don't have much of a desire to do that any more.
I must admit (sorry Eric) that I never look at the list nowadays. It has become so large that I just rely on posts on this thread to direct me to any new releases that are worth a look

Love Story - Letters from the Past is out on BFG. Should be a romantic one for Valentines Day

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/love-story-letters-from-past/id532371185?mt=8