Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Survivor Z - RPG (By Mongadillo)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-11-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Loved ZDay, but the "grammers" in the first screenshot doesnt look too encouraging.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This looks promising but I might not have even posted jf I'd have known...
Quote:
**Note: This game requires an internet connection to play, and location services to be enabled.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Awesome work

I loved the first one and do far this one seems to fill in all the gaps that held that one back. Please keep the content coming - of course I would expect to pay via IAP for added content.
Keep up the great work!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Interested, but like some one else noted. It is disconcerting when the first screen shot shows grammatical errors in a game that is largely dependent on its text. Also the shill post earlier doesn't help, even if it wasn't from a dev dummy account, it smells too much like one in bad form.... As much as I'd like to bite, I will wait on reviews...

Last edited by Bool Zero; 02-10-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 AM

Default Game Impressions

Gameplay Trailer added...

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-11-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Default Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Coughdeveloperorfanboycough
Developer fan boy? Because I feel something that gives hours of enjoyment is worth more than .99 cents to me. Got it
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 AM

All in all, I feel like there needs to be more kinds if apps/games in the AppStore like this. These "choose your own adventure" games seem very enjoyable, and with the success of The Walking Dead Game by TellTale, I'm sure some small developers are having similar ideas. I just hope they focus on the little things too, like GRAMMAR. *coughcough*

I'm all up to see some competition between developers in this genre of gaming

Last edited by SmackDatButt; 02-11-2013 at 12:42 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckithroe View Post
Developer fan boy? Because I feel something that gives hours of enjoyment is worth more than .99 cents to me. Got it
It is worth more than .99 though, its worth $1.99!

A argument can be made that if they felt it worth more they could set the price higher. At the end of the day, the developer and market dictates the price. When I can buy a professionally written gamebook app with more bells and whistles and am willing to do so at a higher price (TinMan Games), it all but shows that there is a market for such and a customer base willing to pay more, but that comes with demand for a more polished product. Besides, we live in the real world where prices aren't ever set at what something deserves, they are set at what something will sell for; that goes for any market! Intangible goods suffer everytime in this respect because people can not get past the nature that they are getting nothing physical from their product

So I will apologize for my comment earlier as well, but your previous post did come off as a bit over zealous. There's nothing wrong with thinking a developer deserves your money, but there seems a large absence of consumer interest on the Internet when it comes to these debates, as if getting something at a good price is somehow a bad thing and conversely that money should be handed over to a developer with no contention. The post did come off as somewhat like a developer shill post, which unfortunately happens on this site a bit. I think it was an honest mistake and wasn't meant as a personal offense.

Now on topic for those who bought the game:
So why exactly does this require an internet connection? I think that may kill some sales for this app unfortunately. Great for iPhone players, not so great for iTouch and potential iPad players; if this even works on iPad which brings me to my second question...

Anyone run this on an ipad(3) or higher? I remember the fiasco with the last game being changed to not work on ipad with an update because my regular Z-Day in game resolution got all whacked out with an update that kind of forced those of us who wanted to keep playing the game to rebuy it in the new "HD" iPad only version they released well after.

That's another reason holding me back from hitting the buy button on this, it being iPhone only...

Last edited by Bool Zero; 02-11-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I loved the first game but this being iPhone only and requiring an Internet connection and location enabled is stopping me buying this one